2011 Muscle Milk/JJHuddle Ohio HS Football Power Polls
There wasn't a lot of movement after the opening weekend but there was some in the Muscle Milk and JJHuddle Division II Power Poll. Anderson lost and so did Tallmadge. See where they are now and how may have replaced them...
The Power Polls...are back. JJHuddle's immensely popular
rankings continue today with the release of the latest Division II poll.
Also this year, JJHuddle is proud to announce that Muscle Milk has
become a co-sponsor of the rankings.
New polls will be unveiled on site every
Tuesday-Wednesday during the season.
2011 Muscle Milk
& JJHuddle Division II Power Poll: Week 2
1. Trotwood-Madison (1-0) The Rams took down Dayton Thurgood Marshall 35-21 in the team’s first football meeting ever. To say it was heated is an understatement. Next up is another Dayton City League member – Dunbar (1-0). Previous: 1
2. Kings (1-0) The Knights handled Lebanon 42-13 in the opener. Senior RB Jamire Westbrook (Miami, Oh) ran for 177 yards and two TDs, while junior DB Justin Crull picked off two passes, returning one 60 yards for a TD. This week Kings travels to Milford (1-0). Previous: 2
3. Maple Heights (1-0) The Mustangs had little trouble with Nordonia who they trampled 41-7. Junior QB Da’Juan Graham ran for 132 yards and three TDs. MH heads south to tangle with Columbus Northland (0-1) this week. Previous: 3
4. Howland (1-0) The Tigers beat Ashtabula Lakeside 33-0. Junior RB De’Veon Smith led the charge with 137 yards and three TDs on 11 carries. Next up is a trip to Cortland Lakeview (0-1). Previous: 5
5. Winton Woods (1-0) The Warriors beat Lakota West 27-21 thanks to the three-headed rushing attack of Gary Underwood (67 yards), Aaron Kemper (97 yards, TD) and Marques Graves (81 yards, two TDs). Up next is visiting Lakota East (1-0). Previous: 6
6. Marion-Franklin (1-0) The Red Devils survived Brookhaven 28-27. Brookhaven took the lead on a 2-point conversion pass with under five minutes to go but a penalty nullified the play. The Bearcats failed on the ensuing attempt. Andre Strider led M-F with two rushing TDs. The Red Devils travel to Dublin Scioto (0-1) this week. Previous: 7
7. Avon (1-0) The Eagles blasted rival Avon Lake 38-7. Senior QB Justin O’Rourke threw for 230 yards and connected with senior WR Matt Eckhardt for three TDs. Avon travels to Wellington (0-1) next. Previous: 8
8. Zanesville (1-0) Senior QB Wes Hudson threw for 186 yards and ran for 70 more as the Blue Devils beat host Newark 41-7. A tough test at Licking Valley (0-1) awaits in Week 2. Previous: 10
9. Tallmadge (0-1) The Blue Devils couldn’t stop Ravenna’s D.J. Jones (291 yards, four TDs) and suffered a 47-44 setback in Week 1. The teams combined for 950 yards. This week Tallmadge travels to Akron Ellet (1-0). Previous: 4
10. Walsh Jesuit (1-0) The Warriors survived Louisville 27-26 thanks to senior Ross Martin’s (Duke) 29-yard field goal as time expired. Senior QB Nick Wargo threw for TD and ran for another. This week Walsh hosts Akron SVSM (1-0). Previous: NR
DROPPED OUT: No. 9 Anderson (lost 40-33 to Princeton)
BEST OF THE REST: Piqua (1-0), Lexington (1-0), Tri-Valley (1-0), New Albany (1-0), Aurora (1-0), Tecumseh (1-0), Bedford (1-0), Maumee (1-0), Tiffin Columbian (1-0), Anderson (0-1)