There was some shuffling among the Top 10 teams in the JJHuddle Division I Power Poll. Austintown-Fitchand Springfield both lost and fell out of the poll. Who took their place? Was it Whitmer? Mentor? Westerville South? Sylvania Southview? Click here to see...
2. Glenville (9-0) Since a 26-22 Week 2 win over Dwyer (Fla.), the Tarblooders have won the last seven games 324-25. Their latest win – a 40-0 decision over John Hay – was their third shutout in a row and fourth in the last five games. This week Glenville closes the regular season at home against John Marshall (5-3). Previous:
5. Hilliard Davidson (9-0) The Wildcats overwhelmed Upper Arlington 34-7 RB Alex Mickley led an offense that rushed for 350 yards with 142 and three TDs on 22 carries. Defensively, the Wildcats didn’t allow a point as the Golden Bears scored on a fumble return. In the last six weeks Davidson has given up 22 points. The only thing standing between Davidson and 10-0 is a meeting with rival Hilliard Darby (8-1). Previous: 5
8. Middletown (9-0) The Middies ran for 474 yards and scored a 49-35 win over Lakota East. Sophomore QB Jalin Marshall led the way with 308 yards and three TDs on 20 carries. This week Middletown hosts Princeton (3-6). Previous: 9
9. Toledo Whitmer (8-1) The Panthers make their Power Poll debut after crushing Bowsher 55-8 last week. Whitmer, which is riding a seven game win streak after losing 22-16 to Fremont Ross in Week 2, has allowed just 32 points the last four weeks and hasn’t let anyone score more than 24 in a game. This week Whitmer can wrap up the outright Toledo City League title with a win over visiting Start (2-7). Previous: NR
10. Sylvania Southview (9-0) The Cougars enter the Power Poll after recording their third shutout of the season with a 28-0 win over Bowling Green. Southview, which won the 2008 D-II state title, missed out on the D-I playoffs last year after bumping up a level and finishing 7-3. This year they’ve already “clinched” a playoff berth. Since the start of 2008, Southview is 31-3. This week the Cougars are at rival Sylvania Northview (3-6). Previous: NR
DROPPED OUT: No. 8 Austintown-Fitch (lost 34-28 in 2 OT to Uniontown Lake); No. 10 Springfield (lost 14-0 to Centerville) KEEP AN EYE ON: Mentor (6-3); Wayne (6-3); Westerville South (8-1); Moeller (6-3); Willoughby South (8-1); Canton McKinley (7-2); Springfield (8-1); Centerville (7-2); Austintown-Fitch (8-1); Anderson (7-2)