2011 Muscle Milk/JJHuddle Ohio HS Football Power Polls
Ursuline falls to 1-4 with a loss to Steubenville. Do they fall out of the top spot in the Muscle Milk and JJHuddle
Division V Power Poll? The answer is...
The Power Polls...are back. JJHuddle's immensely popular
rankings continue today with the release of the latest Division V
Also this year, JJHuddle is proud to announce that Muscle Milk has
become a co-sponsor of the rankings.
New polls will be
unveiled on site every
Tuesday-Wednesday during the season.
& JJHuddle Division V Power Poll: Week 6
1. Coldwater (4-1) The Cavaliers take over the top spot after surviving previously unbeaten Versailles 36-19. Coldwater trailed the Tigers 19-7 in the third quarter before scoring 29 unanswered points. This week Coldwater travels to Parkway (2-3). Previous: 2
2. Lima Central Catholic (5-0) The T-Birds racked up 479 yards of offense and held Delphos Jefferson to just 76 in a 48-14 win. Junior RB Jonathon Washington led the attack by rushing for 131 yards and three TDs on 13 carries (all in the first half). LCC hosts Spencerville (4-1) this week. Previous:
3. Kirtland (5-0) The Hornets defense notched eight sacks and Damon Washington scored on an interception return and TD run as Kirtland beat rival and previously unbeaten Cuyahoga Heights 24-12. This week the Hornets travel to Burton Berkshire (2-3). Previous: 4
4. Marion Pleasant (5-0) The Spartans exploded for 534 total yards (430 rushing) and beat Ridgedale 54-6. RB Holden Rosebrough led the way by rushing for 179 yards and a TD on 13 carries. This week Pleasant hosts Mount Gilead (4-1). Previous: 5
5. Ursuline (1-4) The Irish’s brutal schedule is suddenly becoming scary – as in scary for Ursuline’s playoff chances. The Irish’s latest defeat came 22-17 to Steubenville. This week Ursuline hosts St. Edward (5-0) so going 1-5 is a very real possibility. Previous: 1
6. Wynford (5-0) Senior QB Zach Chatlain threw for five TD passes and the Royals ran the state’s top regular season winning streak to 53 games with a 48-7 win over Crestline. Wynford host undefeated Ontario (5-0) this week. Previous: 7
7. Liberty Center (5-0) The Tigers continued their defensive mastery and recorded their third shutout with a 34-0 win over Wauseon. Through five games LC has allowed 12 points. This week the Tigers host Swanton (1-4). Previous: 9
8. Ridgewood (5-0) The Generals enter the Power Poll after beating previously unbeaten Malvern 41-20. Ridgewood pounded out 391 yards rushing and built leads of 20-0 and 34-6. RB Trent Lingo ran for 192 yards and two TDs. This week the Generals travel to Sandy Valley (2-3). Previous: NR
9. Nelsonville-York (5-0) The Buckeyes make their Power Poll debut after beating Logan 42-6 on a night when the program’s 1981 state championship team was honored. N-Y, which also has wins over Columbus Ready and Newark Catholic, hosts Wellston (3-2) this week. Previous: NR
10. Columbiana (5-0) Led by senior QB/DB Austin Barbato who ran for 168 yards and a TD and intercepted two passes, the Clippers beat South Range 33-8. Up next? A trip to East Palestine (1-4). Previous: 10
DROPPED OUT: No. 6 Cuyahoga Heights (lost 24-12 to Kirtland); No. 8 Anna (lost 26-14 to Marion Local)
OF THE REST: Anna (2-3), Cuyahoga Heights (4-1), Versailles (4-1), Covington (5-0), West Jefferson (4-1), Grandview Heights (5-0), Monroe Central (4-1), West Liberty-Salem (5-0), Fredericktown (3-2), Patrick Henry (3-2), Hopewell-Loudon (5-0), Findlay Liberty-Benton (5-0)