2011 Muscle Milk/JJHuddle Ohio HS Football Power Polls
The Muscle Milk and JJHuddle Division VI Power Poll has a couple new faces...who are they?
The Power Polls...are back. JJHuddle's immensely popular
rankings continue today with the release of the latest Division VI
Also this year, JJHuddle is proud to announce that Muscle Milk has
become a co-sponsor of the rankings.
New polls will be
unveiled on site every
Tuesday-Wednesday during the season.
& JJHuddle Division VI Power Poll: Week 5
1. Delphos St. John’s (2-2) The Blue Jays rallied from a 21-7 halftime deficit and notched a huge road win 29-21 at Anna. WR Tanner Calvelage had six catches for 109 yards and a TD, while Tyler Jettinghoff ran for 57 yards and two TDs. This week DSJ hosts St. Henry (1-3). Previous: 1
2. Marion Local (3-1) The Flyers have rebounded from a Week 1 OT loss to win three straight. Their latest conquest? An impressive 26-17 win over host Minster. Sophomore QB Adam Bertke completed 10-of-12 passes for 168 yards and two TDs, both of which went to WR Lee Pierron (eight catches, 129 yards). This week ML hosts Anna (2-2). Previous: 3
3. Minster (2-2) The Wildcats dropped their second straight, losing 26-17 to Marion Local. Minster’s other loss is a 7-0 setback to Delphos St. John’s in Week 3. This week Minster makes the short drive to New Bremen (0-4). Previous: 2
4. Ada (3-1) Senior QB Konnor Baker threw for five TDs and ran for two more as the Bulldogs beat host Upper Scioto Valley 69-7. Next up is a visit from Bluffton (3-1). Previous: 4
5. Malvern (4-0) The Hornets forced four TOs and senior QB Shawn Ball ran for two TDs, threw for another and intercepted two passes as Malvern survived visiting Sugarcreek Garaway 26-22. This week the Hornets face another stiff test with a road trip to undefeated Ridgewood (4-0) looming. Previous: 5
6. Thompson Ledgemont (4-0) Senior RB Danny LaRosa ran for 159 yards and two TDs and the Redskins recorded their third straight shutout with a 35-0 win over Conneaut. Ledgemont has won its last three games 124-0. This week the Redskins are at Ashtabula Edgewood (1-3). Previous:
7. Tiffin Calvert (4-0) The Senecas scored 24 points in the final 13 minutes to break open a close game and beat Seneca East 38-14. Next up is a home game against Carey (3-1). Previous: 9
8. Springfield Catholic Central (3-1) Led by senior QB Brian Kelly who completed 17-of-35 passes for 273 yards and five TDs (also threw four INTs), the Irish beat Triad 35-28. This week SCC faces a stiff test with a trip to undefeated West Liberty-Salem (4-0). Previous:
9. New Washington Buckeye Central
(3-1) The Bucks suffered their first defeat, committing six turnovers in a 38-6 loss to Bucyrus Wynford. The Royals turned those six TOs in to five TDs. This week Buckeye Central travels to Riverdale (1-3). Previous: 7
10. Fort Loramie (3-1) Since losing 26-5 at Minster in Week 1, the Redskins have won their last three games 149-0. Their latest victim? Grove City Christian, which they shut out 62-0. This week Loramie hosts Bronson (2-2), a school from Michigan. Previous: NR
DROPPED OUT: No. 8 St. Henry (lost to Coldwater 28-7), No. 10 Danville (lost 31-13 to Loudonville) BEST
OF THE REST: Symmes Valley (3-1), Harvest Prep (3-1), Cleveland VASJ (3-1), Berlin Center Western Reserve (4-0), St. Henry (1-3), Danville (3-1), Arcadia (4-0), Edgerton (3-1)