2011 Muscle Milk/JJHuddle Ohio HS Football Power Polls
Ursuline finally picked up a win, Coldwater beat St. Henry for the 16th straight time and Liberty Center beat Patrick Henry for the first time in 11 tries. How did that impact the Muscle Milk and JJHuddle Division V Power Poll?
The Power Polls...are back. JJHuddle's immensely popular
rankings continue today with the release of the latest Division V
Also this year, JJHuddle is proud to announce that Muscle Milk has
become a co-sponsor of the rankings.
New polls will be
unveiled on site every
Tuesday-Wednesday during the season.
& JJHuddle Division V Power Poll: Week 5
1. Ursuline (1-3) Senior RB Jesse Curry ran 36 times for 187 yards and a TD as the Irish picked up their first win of the season 13-9 at Zanesville. Senior RB Trevor Smith’s rushing TD wit 9:01 left proved to be the game-winner. This week Ursuline hosts Steubenville (4-0). Previous: 1
2. Coldwater (3-1) The Cavaliers fell behind 7-0 but then scored 28 straight points to claim their 16th straight victory over archrival St. Henry. The last time Coldwater lost to the Redskins was 1996. This week the Cavs host undefeated Versailles (4-0). Previous: 2
3. Lima Central Catholic (4-0) Senior QB Tyler O’Connor ran for three TDs and threw for another as the Thunderbirds rolled to a 28-7 win over previously unbeaten Columbus Grove. LCC racked up 349 yards of offense and forced three turnovers. This week the T-Birds travel to Delphos Jefferson (2-2).
4. Kirtland (4-0) Christian Hauber and Damon Washington combined to run for 310 yards and five TDs in a 42-8 win over Gates Mills Hawken. A huge game against visiting and No. 6 Cuyahoga Heights (4-0) awaits this week. Previous: 4
5. Marion Pleasant (4-0) The Spartans beat Sparta Highland for the first time since 2008 and improved to 4-0 for the first time since 2004 with a 48-7 win. Up next is a visit from winless Ridgedale (0-4). Previous: 5
6. Cuyahoga Heights (4-0) The Redskins racked up over 400 yards of offense in a 41-21 win over Newbury. CH travels to No. 4 Kirtland (4-0) this week. Previous: 7
7. Wynford (4-0) The Royals ran the state’s top regular season winning streak to 52 games by beating previously unbeaten New Washington Buckeye Central 38-6. Wynford forced six turnovers and scored TDs off five of them. This week the Royals travel to Crestline (3-1). Previous:
8. Anna (2-2) The Rockets lost their second straight, losing 29-21 to visiting Delphos St. John’s. Anna led 21-7 in the second quarter but allowed 22 second-half points. The Rockets outgained the Blue Jays 425- 323 in total yards. This week Anna travels to Marion Local (3-1). Previous: 6
9. Liberty Center (4-0) The Tigers snapped an 11-game losing streak to Patrick Henry and beat the Patriots 3-0 on Kaleb Pohlman’s 20-yard field goal with 38 seconds left. LC held PH to just 174 yards of total offense. This week the Tigers travel to Wauseon (3-1). Previous: NR
10. Columbiana (4-0) The Clippers held visiting David Anderson to 163 yards and shut out the Blue Devils 35-0. Junior RB/DB Britton Steiginga ran for 131 yards and three TDs and also picked off a pass. Columbiana hosts South Range (2-2) this week. Previous:
DROPPED OUT: No. 10 Patrick Henry (lost to Liberty Center 3-0)
BEST OF THE REST: Versailles (4-0), Covington (4-0), Mariemont (3-1), West Jefferson (3-1), Grandview Heights (4-0), Nelsonville-York (4-0), Ridgewood (4-0), Monroe Central (3-1), West Liberty-Salem (4-0), Columbus Grove (3-1), Fredericktown (2-2), Patrick Henry (2-2), Hopewell-Loudon (4-0), Findlay Liberty-Benton (4-0)