2011 Muscle Milk/JJHuddle Ohio HS Football Power Polls
The same 10 teams are in the latest Muscle
Milk and JJHuddle Division IV Power Poll, but only two are in the same spot they were last week. See who moved up - and down....
The Power Polls...are back. JJHuddle's immensely popular
rankings continue today with the release of the latest Division IV
Also this year, JJHuddle is proud to announce that Muscle Milk has
become a co-sponsor of the rankings.
New polls will be
unveiled on site every
Tuesday-Wednesday during the season.
& JJHuddle Division IV Power Poll: Week 5
1. Kenton (4-0) Led by Maty Mauk and Justin Sawmiller, the Wildcats beat Lima Shawnee 34-7. Mauk, a senior QB, completed 32-of-523 passes for 469 yards and five TDs, while Sawmiller, a sophomore WR, caught 16 passes for 212 yards and a TD. This week Kenton hosts Ottawa-Glandorf (4-0). Previous:
2. Columbus Hartley (4-0) The Hawks beat Akron Hoban 45-21. Junior RB JuWaun Woodley led the charge with 207 yards and a TD on 18 carries. This week Hartley travels to Cleveland to face VASJ (3-1). Previous: 2
3. Genoa (4-0) The Comets ran their regular season win streak to 43 games with a 55-0 win over Fostoria. It was the third straight week Genoa has scored over 50 points. RB Devin Sibby ran for 109 yards and three TDs. Genoa had 516 yards of offense and allowed just 103. This week Genoa travels to Millbury Lake (1-3). Previous: 4
4. Orrville (3-1) The Red Riders beat Lexington 35-12 thanks in part to senior RB/LB Mason Monheim who ran for 173 yards and two TDs on 17 carries and returned a fumble he forced 23 yards for another TD. This week Orrville travels to Mansfield Senior (1-3). Previous:
5. Creston Norwayne (4-0) The Bobcats ran just 22 first half plays but racked up 365 yards and 27 points on them en route to a 55-8 win over West Salem Northwestern. Senior QB Adam Wallace threw for 274 yards and three TDs, while Norwayne also ran for 259 yards as a team. This week the Bobcats host winless Rittman (0-4). Previous:
6. Fenwick (4-0) The Falcons outgained McNicholas 308-174 in total yards en route to a 35-7 win. Senior QB Austin Gearing threw for 98 yards and ran for 73 and two TDs. McNick’s lone score came with 31 seconds left in the game. This week Fenwick visits Purcell Marian (2-2).
7. Waynesville (4-0) The Spartans survived Carlisle 49-48 in double-OT. Senior QB Luke Creditt ran for four TDs and threw for two more, including the game-winner to Matt Hussey in the second OT. This week Waynesville travels to Preble Shawnee (1-3). Previous: 8
8. Pemberville Eastwood (4-0) Brothers Zach and Isaiah Conkle combined for five TDs and 206 yards rushing as the Eagles crushed Millbury Lake 58-7. This week Eastwood is at Elmwood. Previous: 9
9. Johnstown-Monroe (4-0) The Johnnies beat Centerburg 35-17. QB Matt Smith ran for a career-high 168 yards and two TDs, while senior RB Ross Franklin finished with a team-high 188 yards and two TDs. Franklin has 1,031 rushing yards through four games. This week Johnstown hosts Loudonville (1-3). Previous:
10. Ironton (3-1) The Tigers lost four fumbles in a 28-6 loss at Ashland (Ky.) Blazer. This week Ironton starts a tough four-game stretch that includes road games at Gallia Academy (Week 5), Jonathan Alder (Week 6) and Columbus Hartley (Week 8) and a home game against Jackson (Week 7). Combined those four schools are 15-1 right now. Previous: 3
DROPPED OUT: None
OF THE REST: North Union (3-1), Maderia (4-0), Martins Ferry (3-1), Chesapeake (3-1), St. Clairsville (4-0), Ottawa-Glandorf (4-0), Badin (3-1), Amanda-Clearcreek (3-1), Girard (4-0), Coshocton (4-0)