2011 Muscle Milk/JJHuddle Ohio HS Football Power Polls
So...did Ursuline and Coldwater's losses drop them from the Top 2 spots in the Muscle Milk and JJHuddle Division V Power Poll? Click here to find out...
The Power Polls...are back. JJHuddle's immensely popular
rankings continue today with the release of the latest Division V poll.
Also this year, JJHuddle is proud to announce that Muscle Milk has
become a co-sponsor of the rankings.
New polls will be unveiled on site every
Tuesday-Wednesday during the season.
2011 Muscle Milk
& JJHuddle Division V Power Poll: Week 2
1. Ursuline (0-1) The Irish now know how the other half lives. Ursuline took one on the chin in the opener, losing 54-18 to Red Lion Christian Academy (Del.). Ursuline doesn’t lose the No. 1 spot because there is no D-V team in Ohio that would beat Red Lion. The Irish had some uncharacteristic mistakes (two blocked punts and multiple turnovers) but still ran for 401 yards on 61 carries. This week things don’t get any easier with a trip to Mentor (1-0). Previous: 1
2. Coldwater (0-1) The Cavaliers lost a rare home game, dropping a 24-17 decision to D-IV No. 1 Kenton at home. Junior QB Austin Bruns was 21-of-40 for 256 yards and two TDs. He also rushed for 30 yards on 17 carries. This week Coldwater heads north to Hicksville (0-1). Previous: 2
3. Lima Central Catholic (1-0) The Thunderbirds outlasted Delphos St. John’s 21-14 to pick up their first win in the series since 2007. Michigan State recruit and LCC senior QB Tyler O’Connor finished 11-of-21 for 121 yards and two INTs. He also ran for 41 yards. This week LCC heads to Convoy Crestview (0-1). Previous: 3
4. Anna (1-0) The Rockets, led by 26 seniors, crushed visiting Lehman Catholic 61-14. Senior RB Wes Wolters opened the game with a 74-yard kickoff return for a TD and added a 79-yard TD catch. This week Anna travels to Sherwood Fairview (0-1). Previous: 4
5. Kirtland (1-0) The Hornets opened with a 17-0 shutout of West Branch. Kirtland amassed 411 yards of offense and allowed just 166. The Hornets have won 16 straight regular season games. Next up for Kirtland is a trip to D-II Painesville Harvey (1-0). Previous: 5
6. Marion Pleasant (1-0) The Spartans won their first game ever over St. Henry with an impressive 41-33 road win. Pleasant held a 34-13 halftime lead and held on thanks in part to senior RB Holden Rosebrough who ran for 211 yards and three TDs on 30 carries. Previous: 7
7. Fredericktown (1-0) The Freddies opened up a 21-0 lead and then held on for a 28-21 win over visiting Sparta Highland. Junior RB Matt Smith led Fredericktown with 136 yards on 23 carries. This week the Freddies have their hands full with a visit from Columbus Ready (1-0). Previous: 6
8. Cuyahoga Heights (1-0) The Redskins led 34-0 at halftime and had six different players each score a TD in a 41-0 win over Cleveland Collinwood. Next up is a trip to Fairview Park (0-1). Previous: 9
9. Wynford (1-0) The Royals ran the state’s top regular season winning streak to 49 games with a 25-13 win over Caledonia River Valley. The big play was a 105-yard interception return for a TD by senior DB Seth Rall. This week Wynford hosts Sycamore Mohawk (1-0). Previous: 10
10. Columbiana (1-0) The Clippers beat Woodsfield Monroe Central 13-7. Despite several new starters on the OL, Columbiana ran for 291 yards with senior Austin Barbato doing the most damage (153 yards and two TDs on 22 carries). This week Columbiana is at rival Leetonia (1-0) Previous: NR
DROPPED OUT: No. 8 Patrick Henry lost 37-34 to Pemberville Eastwoood
BEST OF THE REST: Patrick Henry (0-1), Versailles (1-0), Covington (1-0), Mariemont (1-0), West Jefferson (1-0), Grandview Heights (1-0), Nelsonville-York (1-0), Archbold (1-0), Ridgewood (1-0), Monroe Central (0-1)