2011 Muscle Milk/JJHuddle Ohio HS Football Power Polls
Led by No. 1 Kenton's big road win at Coldwater, the Top 5 in the Muscle Milk and JJHuddle Division IV Power Poll remained the same. There was however some slight shuffling in sopts 6-10...
The Power Polls...are back. JJHuddle's immensely popular
rankings continue today with the release of the latest Division IV poll.
Also this year, JJHuddle is proud to announce that Muscle Milk has
become a co-sponsor of the rankings.
New polls will be unveiled on site every
Tuesday-Wednesday during the season.
2011 Muscle Milk
& JJHuddle Division IV Power Poll: Week 2
1. Kenton (1-0) Led by senior QB Maty Mauk (Missouri) the Wildcats notched a huge comeback road-win at Coldwater, beating the host Cavs 24-17. Mauk completed 25-of-32 passes for 215 yards and ran for 141 yards and two TDs, including the game-winner with 3:07 left. This week Western Buckeye League action starts with St. Marys (1-0) paying a visit. Previous: 1
2. Orrville (1-0) The Red Riders beat visiting Canal Fulton Northwest 41-27. Spotting Northwest 14 points in the first three minutes of the game, Orrville responded with 27 unanswered. QB Kyle Lichti completed 14-of-29 passes for 254 yards and three TDs. Orrville visits Triway (0-1) this week. Previous: 2
3. Columbus Hartley (1-0) The Hawks opened up a 23-7 halftime lead en route to a 30-22 win at Amanda-Clearcreek. Jarrod Zang scored two TDs for Hartley and Brent Wahle kicked three FGs. The Hawks host Columbus Academy (1-0) this week. Previous: 3
4. Ironton (1-0) The Fighting Tigers blasted visiting Wheelersburg 42-13 to run their lead advantage in the US 52 series to 16-5. Senior RB Tyler Hager produced 173 yards and two TDs on 19 carries. Ironton hosts Russell (KY) this week. Previous: 4
5. Genoa (1-0) The Comets ran their regular season win streak to 40 with a convicing 45-14 win over visiting Ottawa Hills. Brandon Roberts had 110 yards rushing and two TDs on just two carries (50 and 60 yard TD runs), while Kyle Nutter gained 117 yards on 15 carries and added a 37-yard TD reception. Genoa visits oak Harbor (1-0) this week. Previous: 5
6. Creston Norwayne (1-0) The Bobcats outgained visiting Wellington 429-104 in total yards en route to a 35-0 shutout. This week Norwayne visits CHVA (0-1). Previous: 7
7. Fenwick (1-0) The Falcons ran over visiting Dayton Oakwood 53-12. Senior QB Austin Gearing (Miami, Oh) ran for 183 yards and three TDs on 10 carries and completed 4-of-7 passes for 81 yards. Fenwick is at Oxford Talawanda (0-1) this week. Previous: 8
8. Waynesville (1-0) Led by senior QB Luke Creditt, the Spartans rolled past host East Clinton 41-7. Despite tossing a first quarter interception that was returned for the Astros only score, Creditt completed 8-of-12 passes for 132 yards and a TD and ran for 128 yards and another TD on 15 carries. This week the Spartans host rival Clinton-Massie (1-0). Previous: 9
9. Clinton-Massie (1-0) The Falcons won their 33rd straight regular season game and recorded their fourth straight shutout in the “Cider Keg” series with a 34-0 win over Blanchester. Massie held Blanchester to 18 yards in the second half and recorded three turnovers. This week the Falcons head down State Route 73 to take on host Waynesville (1-0). Previous: 10
10. Johnstown-Monroe (1-0) The Redskins notched a big road win with a 38-29 win over Granville. Senior RB Ross Franklin blew the joint up with 327 yards and six TDs on 31 carries. This week Johnstown hosts Heath (0-1). Previous: NR
DROPPED OUT: No. 6 Cortland Lakeview (lost 42-20 to Madison)
BEST OF THE REST: Garrettsville Garfield (1-0), North Union (1-0), North College Hill (1-0), Badin (1-0), Martins Ferry (1-0), Minford (1-0), Chesapeake (1-0), St. Clairsville (1-0), Elyria Catholic (1-0), Ottawa-Glandorf (1-0)