2011 Muscle Milk/JJHuddle Ohio HS Football Power Polls
There's no new teams, but there is a new No. 1 in the Muscle Milk
Division V Power Poll. See who is where...
The Power Polls...are back. JJHuddle's immensely popular
rankings continue today with the release of the latest Division V
Also this year, JJHuddle is proud to announce that Muscle Milk has
become a co-sponsor of the rankings.
New polls will be
unveiled on site every
Tuesday-Wednesday during the season.
& JJHuddle Division V Power Poll: Week 9
1. Lima Central Catholic (8-0, R18) The T-Birds had 538 yards in a 39-3 win over Bluffton. Senior QB Tyler O’Connor threw for two TDs (both to Mykale Rogers) and ran for two more. Defensively, LCC held Bluffton to 139 yards. The T-Birds are at Allen East (1-7) this week. Previous:
2. Coldwater (6-2, R20) The Cavaliers held Marion Local to seven first downs but several wasted trips inside the Flyers 20-yardline spelled doom in a 7-0 loss. Coldwater fumbled the ball at the Marion 1-yardline, missed a 22-yard field goal and had a pass intercepted in the end zone. Next up is a visit from winless New Bremen (0-8). Previous: 1
3. Kirtland (8-0, R17) Led by Damon Washington (two rushing TDs and an INT return for a TD) and Christian Hauber 9129 yards rushing and two TDs), the Hornets beat Beachwood 33-0. This week Kirtland travels to Fairport Harding (4-4). Previous: 3
4. Liberty Center (8-0, R18) The Tigers let a 22-3 halftime lead slip but rallied for a big road win with a 29-25 victory over Bryan. RB Sean Westhoven led LC by running for 132 yards and two TDs (including the game-winner) on 26 carries. The Tigers host Delta (2-6) this week. Previous: 4
5. Marion Pleasant (8-0, R20) The Spartans ran for 291 yards and shut out River Valley 28-0. This week Pleasant hosts Elgin (4-4). Previous: 5
6. Ursuline (2-6, R17) The Irish won their second game of the season with a 39-0 shutout win over Cleveland East Tech. Now the playoffs start for Ursuline, which likely needs to beat both Mooney (5-2) this week and Akron SVSM (7-1) in Week 10 to have a shot at making a run at a fifth straight state final. Previous: 6
7. Wynford (8-0, R19) The Royals won their 56th straight regular season game with a 32-14 win over Colonel Crawford. Senior QB Zach Chatlain led the attack by carrying the ball 21 times for 210 yards and two TDs and completing 8-of-14 passes for 117 yards and another TD. This week Wynford faces a big test when it hosts Galion (7-1). Previous: 7
8. Nelsonville-York (8-0, R19) RB Dustin Young ran for five TDs (and 119 yards) and Kyle Moore returned an interception for a TD as the Buckeyes beat Vinton County 41-0. Next up is rival Albany Alexander (6-2). Previous: 8
9. Hopewell-Loudon (8-0, R18) The Chieftains forced four turnovers and stopped Carey three times on fourth down in a 29-15 win. This week H-L hosts Tiffin Calvert (7-1) with the Midland Athletic League title on the line. Previous: 9
10. Anna (5-3, R20) The Rockets defense didn’t allow a first half first down and held St. Henry to minus-26 first half yards in a 40-0 win. Anna, which led 34-0 at the break and racked up 399 total yards, was led by RBs Dustin Noffsinger (three TDs) and Cole Furgason (two TDs). If the Rockets want any shot at making the postseason they have to win this week at Versailles (6-2), which boils down to an elimination game for the loser. Previous: 10
DROPPED OUT: None
OF THE REST: Liberty-Benton (8-0), Cuyahoga Heights (7-1), Covington (8-0), West Jefferson (7-1), Grandview Heights (8-0), Monroe Central (7-1), Lucasville Valley (8-0), Patrick Henry (6-2), West Liberty-Salem (8-0), Ridgewood (6-2), Columbiana (7-1), Columbiana Crestview (7-1), Frankfort Adena (8-0), Campbell Memorial (6-2), Versailles (6-2), Portsmouth West (7-1)