Originally Posted by mlisi39
Can anyone explain this?
The scoring etc. are similar at most of the 7 on 7's, with some local variations. It's basically just a way to keep the interest up and maybe work on some timing.
- Touchdown - 6 points
- Interception - 3 points (no points for INT on PAT)
- Turnover on downs - 2 points
- PAT - 1 point (may opt for 2 in OT)
- Defense pass interference = Automatic first down and 5 yards from
original line of scrimmage.
- Offense pass interference = Previous spot and loss of down.
- Defensive holding = Automatic first down and 5 yards from original line of scrimmage.
- Illegal procedure (offense) = Loss of down.
- Defensive off-sides = 5 yard penalty.
- Delay of game = Loss of down and clock stops in final 2:00.
- Fighting / unsportsmanlike conduct (INDIVIDUAL PLAYER): 1st
offense = ejection from game. 2nd offense = ejection from
- Fighting / unsportsmanlike conduct (TEAM): if any player
leaves the sideline to participate in an on-field fight, the
ENTIRE TEAM WILL BE EJECTED FROM THE TOURNAMENT.
- Personal Foul: Offense = loss of down and 5 yards from original line
of scrimmage. Defense = 1st down and 5 yards from original line of
In the event there is defensive holding and a sack on the same play, the defense will be penalized according to the above and the sack will be ignored.