It's getting to that time of year again! The time of year when everyone in the MAC speculates as to who is going to be the top dog in the toughest small school conference in the state.
1/2: Delphos St. John's & Coldwater: Both have a lot coming back and are always great. Both teams will have tons of motivation (DSJ's seniors having lost a teammate right before the State Semifinals last year & Coldwater trying to get to the Finals for the fourth year in a row).
3. Marion Local: They return Bertke who is, in my opinion, the best quarterback in the conference and will only be a junior this year. They lost a lot, though, and will have to fill a lot of holes. Underclassmen will have to step up big time, but if there's anyone who can do it, it's Tim Goodwin.
4. Minster: The Cats have been back for the past 2 seasons and I see no reason as to why that shouldn't continue.
5. Versailles: Versailles is on its way to returning to glory. It's been a long past few seasons there and though they have a new coach, things are looking up. Coming off a playoff appearance, the Tigers have the talent to return to the playoffs for the second year.
6. Anna: Lost a ton to graduation on what some are calling a disappointing season.
7. St. Henry: The Redskins have struggled the past few seasons and I don't see the trend changing this year. Maybe next year, though.
8. New Bremen: Though they finished last in the conference last year, the Cardinals were playing some good ball the last few weeks, taking Coldwater to the wire and barely losing to DSJ.
9. Parkway: Just not going to be good.
10. Fort Recovery: See Parkway.
I will say that, yet again, Division VI will belong to either Delphos St. John's or Marion Local.
Also will say that Coldwater gets to the state finals yet again.
1. Coldwater - too many seniors who have been hyped up for so long not to win a league title.
2. Dsj - Maybe surprise some again this year but winning 4 league titles in a row doesnt happen too often. Perhaps over achieved a little bit last year.
3. Minster- Loaded with talented skill players but seem to lose a game every year maybe they shouldnt.
4. Marion local - Just because they are marion local they wont fall too far no matter how much they lost from last year or how few seniors they have.
5. Versailles - Maybe a year away yet.
6. Anna - Under the radar a little this year lets see if they if they can rebound from a disappointing 2011.
7. St. Henry- Never thought I would have them ranked so low but cant see them being too good again this year.
8. New Bremen - Looked to be improving last year lets see if that can carry over to this season.
9. Parkway- Panthers atleast scored some and kept games closer than expected compared to previous years
10. Fort Recovery- Another cellar dweller year for the fort
The thing about Versailles is their coaching change. What type of offensive scheme will he run and how long will it take for them to adapt. Even if it is practically the same there are always little changes that sometimes can a little time to adjust to.
1. Flyers - a lot of talent returning from a state champ.
2. Coldwater - not sure that the offense can be stopped.
3. DSJ - because they are DSJ
4. Minster - a good program in the making perhaps
5. St Henry - I don't think all the losing last year is going to sit to well