Midwest Athletic Conference (MAC) 2012 -
07-11-2012, 05:01 PM
It's getting to that time of year again! The time of year when everyone in the MAC speculates as to who is going to be the top dog in the toughest small school conference in the state.
1/2: Delphos St. John's & Coldwater: Both have a lot coming back and are always great. Both teams will have tons of motivation (DSJ's seniors having lost a teammate right before the State Semifinals last year & Coldwater trying to get to the Finals for the fourth year in a row).
3. Marion Local: They return Bertke who is, in my opinion, the best quarterback in the conference and will only be a junior this year. They lost a lot, though, and will have to fill a lot of holes. Underclassmen will have to step up big time, but if there's anyone who can do it, it's Tim Goodwin.
4. Minster: The Cats have been back for the past 2 seasons and I see no reason as to why that shouldn't continue.
5. Versailles: Versailles is on its way to returning to glory. It's been a long past few seasons there and though they have a new coach, things are looking up. Coming off a playoff appearance, the Tigers have the talent to return to the playoffs for the second year.
6. Anna: Lost a ton to graduation on what some are calling a disappointing season.
7. St. Henry: The Redskins have struggled the past few seasons and I don't see the trend changing this year. Maybe next year, though.
8. New Bremen: Though they finished last in the conference last year, the Cardinals were playing some good ball the last few weeks, taking Coldwater to the wire and barely losing to DSJ.
9. Parkway: Just not going to be good.
10. Fort Recovery: See Parkway.
I will say that, yet again, Division VI will belong to either Delphos St. John's or Marion Local.
Also will say that Coldwater gets to the state finals yet again.