10-06-2011, 10:18 AM
1. Kevin Calver of Shelby High School who is a member of the Northwest District Athletic Board was in attendance. He took the time to explain how teams were placed in their sectional and district assignments. He also explained the picking of district sites. It was very interesting to hear, especially since there has been a ton of fuss about the NW District in Division II. Mr. Calver will be at next month's meeting as well, so if you have any questions for him then please be in attendance.
2. We were reminded to make sure that all coaches have their Pupil Activity/Coaching Permit (PAP). Pupil Activity is usually completed through your school district. Coaches are also to complete the online coaching class through NFHS that was mandated 1-2 years ago. These permits will be checked and penalties will be given if they are not complete.
4. Some Upcoming Dates
- October 10th is the State Rules Interpretation meeting at Springfield (Holland) High School at 7:15p
- October 20-21 is the OHSAA Coaches Clinic in Columbus
- November 7th is the next GTWCA meeting. We will be creating our first rankings of the year at the next meeting for D1, 2, & 3.
5. All coaches are asked to join the GTWCA. The fee is somewhere around $25 per coach and some schools' athletic departments will pay for the fee. By being a member your wrestlers are eligible for one of many $200 scholarships given at the end of the year and you are also assisting the GTWCA in recognizing our wrestlers at the All-Star Dual Match and at the recognition banquet.
I hope to see you all at the next meeting. The meetings are held at Jed's in Maumee off of Reynolds Road near the Turnpike.