No announcement yet.
There will be TWO North-South Games in 2013 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Buckeyed
    Reply to Cuba
    Buckeyed
    It would appear from this article, that our lawless president is ignoring the law again. The Cuban Liberty and Democratic Solidarity (Libertad) Act of 1996 (Helms–Burton Act, Pub.L. 104–114, 110 St...
    Today, 09:45 AM
  • sportsfan7
    Reply to Mid Ohio Athletic Conference- 2014/15
    sportsfan7
    Anyone who was in the packed house at Pleasant last night knows who the best player was. Maniaci was large and in charge and he has some great athletes surrounding him. If their post Sansotta would have...
    Today, 09:37 AM
  • 19AL63
    Reply to What are you watching right now on tv
    19AL63
    Well, I receive my TV service from Dish and they and Fox news are having contract negotiations and Fox news is no longer on the air over Dish. Maybe is was meant for me to have to watch and listen to...
    Today, 09:32 AM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This request didn't come from players and parents... it came from coaches and administrators who thought it would be entertaining and rewarding to have two games. The entitlement would have come from the people trying to get into the game, demanding there is two games and that more kids get in. My opinion was that it was a good idea and more players could be represented. Had nothing to do with entitlement, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 57chevy View Post
      This request didn't come from players and parents... it came from coaches and administrators who thought it would be entertaining and rewarding to have two games. The entitlement would have come from the people trying to get into the game, demanding there is two games and that more kids get in. My opinion was that it was a good idea and more players could be represented. Had nothing to do with entitlement, etc.
      Probably the same administrators who develop student recognition initiatives for everything under the sun. As for the coaches, I am sure a lot has to do with pacifying nagging parents. Honestly, do you think all-star games are entertaining?

Comment

This isn't a big deal IMO, but 1st team All-Ohio RB's in D5 aren't quite the caliber of the ones in D1. Why not give the kids from the smaller schools a chance to face off, a lot of D2-D3 schools will be interested

Comment

When is the player list released? How do players get selected?

Comment

Several names have been announced already

Comment

I'm from a small school district and I hate the idea of two games. Marc Krauss from Patrick Henry and Morten from Archbold both tore it up when they played against the "Big Boys" of D1 schools, this is the only chance small school kids get to prove their the best in the state regardless of division.

Comment

Originally posted by 19AL63 View Post
                triton, I have a question for you. Do or have you ever gone to a N vs S game? They play these games with different rules than regular football games. You can not just run or just pass you have to do both. The complain is when running the spread they run the quarterback to meet the run requirement instead of the allstar running back. For example Clinton Massie ran the football the old fashion way and had great running backs and in a all-star game he might not get to see the field because of the spread.
                They have the rules but didn't enforce them in the game I saw. In the 2011 game the South ran the ball way more than the rule allowed.

Comment

Working...
                X