Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

National Guard, Bucknuts Sponsoring Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/27/n...-and-nominate/
See more
See less
There will be TWO North-South Games in 2013 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There will be TWO North-South Games in 2013

OHSFCA directors voted to expand the Ohio North-South Classic to two games starting this spring. There will now be a Division I-III game and a Division IV-VI game. The OHSFCA said the reason for the change was to allow double the players (144 up from 72) and coaches to participate in the nationís oldest all-star event.

http://www.jjhuddle.com/news/article...igan-and-more-

Everyone an all-star and everyone a champ mindset continues.

Comment

Sounds like you are jealous... There are tons of good players in Ohio. Why not showcase the talent? Not only does Ohio fill scholarships around the country for D1 schools, they also help bolster the rosters for numerous medium and small colleges across Ohio and the country as well. There are almost 700 teams in Ohio, multiply that by on average 50 players per roster, that's 35000 players at least in Ohio with about 9000 seniors and you are going to whine about 144 seniors instead of 72 out of 9000 (or more) getting an opportunity to play in an all-star game? Especially after the cancelation of the Big 33 game... Why even watch high school sports if you are only going to watch the D1 high schools or kids getting scholarships...In Ohio we have enough talent and diversity to award 7 or more state titles. If we only had 1 title schools would have to start consolidating to compete at the highest level which would result in less kids playing sports because there would be more competition for positions at each school... THAT IS NOT THE GOAL OF HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS... the goal is to get MORE kids involved and teach them life lessons, NOT just to entertain fans that is just a biproduct! Kudos to the OHSAA, OHSFCA, and everyone involved in making this decision!

Comment

Originally posted by 57chevy View Post
        Sounds like you are jealous... There are tons of good players in Ohio. Why not showcase the talent? Not only does Ohio fill scholarships around the country for D1 schools, they also help bolster the rosters for numerous medium and small colleges across Ohio and the country as well. There are almost 700 teams in Ohio, multiply that by on average 50 players per roster, that's 35000 players at least in Ohio with about 9000 seniors and you are going to whine about 144 seniors instead of 72 out of 9000 (or more) getting an opportunity to play in an all-star game? Especially after the cancelation of the Big 33 game... Why even watch high school sports if you are only going to watch the D1 high schools or kids getting scholarships...In Ohio we have enough talent and diversity to award 7 or more state titles. If we only had 1 title schools would have to start consolidating to compete at the highest level which would result in less kids playing sports because there would be more competition for positions at each school... THAT IS NOT THE GOAL OF HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS... the goal is to get MORE kids involved and teach them life lessons, NOT just to entertain fans that is just a biproduct! Kudos to the OHSAA, OHSFCA, and everyone involved in making this decision!
        Where did you get those numbers for rates of participation? Anyhow, just because a lot of kids play, doesn't mean there are lots of all-stars. BTW, I never said anything about DI. I just find it amusing that compared to decades ago, fewer kids are playing football yet now we see more all-stars. It's simply about spreading out more watered-down recognition. Isn't playing for their school enough reward?

Comment

Its not the reward...some kids see it as an honor to represent their teammates school community etc... i was generalizing ur comments to make my point

Comment

I was estimating my numbers

Comment

little league mentality is killing high school sports. not everyone gets their 2 innings n 1 at bat at the varsity level. all- ohio has become a joke in the state. divisions have been watered down to the pt that there will be 7 champs in football n 4 in basketball next yr ! nice to win a championship or get an honor, but it s sad that money has watered down hi sch sports like the pros n college! that said, enjoy your moment all of you.

Comment

Speaking of watered down, RingLeader I see you're an LHS supporter. Do you think Jimmy Cordle would have gotten as nearly much attention as he did at Lancaster had he stayed in the Lancaster Catholic schools and gone on to FC, a dramatically smaller school?

Comment

What are we really talking about here? Two All-Star games will not water it down... actually it will keep the rosters more intact because big school kids will be playing eachother and they won't have to take a chance on a small division kid. Bottom line is football is football and having two games is awesome in my mind. The more kids get a chance to compete with the best, the more we find out about players! As far as Cordle goes, if you are good you will be found!

Comment

I agree with 57chevy. The only thing two games brings is allowing some of the smaller school players a chance to take part. In the past, the bulk of the roster was made up of schools in the upper three divisions (with the occasional big-time players from the smaller divisions).

The second game should open things up for the Midwest Athletic Conference to get some representation in the game. I have it on good authority that QB Austin Bruns and LB Zach Dickman have been invited to play, and I could see some of the seniors from Marion Local and St. Henry get an invite as well.

Comment

Since I am a big fan of smaller school football, I am really excited about there being two games. Also like the fact the games will be at Welcome. Here is hoping there is a large turn out of football fans and not the small crowds that were at the shoe the last few years.

Comment

What hurts the game is when you had a running back break the single season rushing record with 3400+ yards and he barely touch the ball in last years game. I keep hearing that teams have to run some spread in these games, well shouldn't they also have to run the ball some if you have good RBs? Not everyone runs the spread, I think you should have two QBs one run the spread and one run a pro style O so you get a little bit of both.

Comment

You guys are proving my earlier points. Now you propose equal access for for types of players. This sounds like affirmative action for high school football.

Comment

triton, I have a question for you. Do or have you ever gone to a N vs S game? They play these games with different rules than regular football games. You can not just run or just pass you have to do both. The complain is when running the spread they run the quarterback to meet the run requirement instead of the allstar running back. For example Clinton Massie ran the football the old fashion way and had great running backs and in a all-star game he might not get to see the field because of the spread.

Comment

Originally posted by 19AL63 View Post
                              triton, I have a question for you. Do or have you ever gone to a N vs S game? They play these games with different rules than regular football games. You can not just run or just pass you have to do both. The complain is when running the spread they run the quarterback to meet the run requirement instead of the allstar running back. For example Clinton Massie ran the football the old fashion way and had great running backs and in a all-star game he might not get to see the field because of the spread.
                              I understand all-star game rules. I'm simply making an observation about the 21st century entitlement and everyone an all-star mentality.

Comment

Working...
                              X