Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

National Guard, Bucknuts Sponsoring Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/27/n...-and-nominate/
See more
See less
Cardinal Mooney - St Ignatius (Browns Stadium) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignatius has the edge in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by converse49 View Post
      I'd love to see the Cards pull this one out but like you I have to be realistic. I think you're being kind, sportster. My take is 41-6 Ignatius. A great d line vs a young inexperienced qb equals a major matchup problem. Depth also will do in Mooney.

I still think Mooney wins six and goes for number nine.
      I think you are right about an Iggy win, but not 41-6. I think our defense is going to be really good, and don't think Iggy hangs 41 on that defense.

Comment

^^^^
        I hope I have to eat my words but all I can see in a big time setting like this are nerves, mistakes and turnovers coming from that qb position. I would expect nothing less from an inexperienced guy at that position in that situation. A few turnovers, penalties, and poor field position will lead to quick scores for Ignatius. That's why I see 41.

Then we have the depth problem. Hot day against big strong team who plays very few both ways spells weardown..

Let's hope our young qb can overcome the nerves and mistakes and prove me wrong. I sure hope so.

Comment

Mooney doesn't really rely on the pass, the coaches will do what they need to do to get this kid ready and to put him in good situations to succeed , when you have all that talent especially big ten talent on your roster no matter how small of a school you are they will contend.

Comment

Considering the amount of Mooney backers, as well as valley football fans in this forum I am surprised this poll is as close as it is. I would never bet against Mooney but I am giving the advantage to Iggy. Depending on the outcome I might take St. Ed over Mooney as well.

Comment

I am going with Mooney in this game. Even with the young QB, with the stable of backs and beef up front Mooney will get 2-3 yards a pop breaking a 12-15 yarder here and there. Slip in a pass or two, no more then four, and with special teams coming into play, Mooney should only be playing 60-70 yards per series. Good luck to the DIII monsters, take down the DI giants!

Comment

Originally posted by DoverArmy View Post
                I am going with Mooney in this game. Even with the young QB, with the stable of backs and beef up front Mooney will get 2-3 yards a pop breaking a 12-15 yarder here and there. Slip in a pass or two, no more then four, and with special teams coming into play, Mooney should only be playing 60-70 yards per series. Good luck to the DIII monsters, take down the DI giants!
                Thanks and good luck to your Tornadoes this year.
                Hopefully we can meet up again n the play-offs for another barn-burner!

I think the Cards can play the Wildcats tough. I know Iggy will have the size and depth advantage, but I never count the boys from Erie Street out of any game! I'd love to see us pull this one out, but I'm just hoping for a close game with NO injuries!

GO CARDS!!!

Comment

Im hoping its not that bad but you may be right. we will see.

Comment

Big Game

I'm like most Mooney/Ignatius fans who hope that it is a good game and that no one gets hurt! I'd love to think that my Cards will be in a close game when the fourth quarter begins but the depth of Iggy might be the issue.

Either way, gutsy for Bucci/Fecko to step up and play this one--hopefully it'll be a game we never forget! Go Cards.

Comment

Thank you RadCard and I too hope we meet up in the Regional Finals again, just this time with your team on the other end. I wish you guys the best and an injury free season.

Comment

Gentlemen,

I also hope I'm wrong but I think I have to agree with converse. Like him I'm certainly concerned about the lack of experience at the QB position, especially against a team as outstanding and as well coached as Ignatius as a week one opponent. That's a very tough situation for any QB making their first varsity start.

We shall see.

GO CARDS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YTOWN View Post
                          Gentlemen,

I also hope I'm wrong but I think I have to agree with converse. Like him I'm certainly concerned about the lack of experience at the QB position, especially against a team as outstanding and as well coached as Ignatius as a week one opponent. That's a very tough situation for any QB making their first varsity start.

We shall see.

GO CARDS!!!!
                          The venerable one speaks. I am not worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by papasherm View Post
                            The venerable one speaks. I am not worthy.
                            I mean come on...does this guy fly back to Krypton for the Holidays and not return again until Mid-August every year? I remember when I used to live by the chooch...I'd have a pre-season Huddle gathering at my cabana, every August. Columbus Card, Panama Jack, Scipio, speedmerchant, KC, Pride, security and even the McStoonad 4-some would be there. Inevitably...the mysterious YTOWN would stroll around the corner and enlighten us unworthy subjects for hours! Personally...I think the Mrs., locks him up from late December to mid-August every year!

Comment

Originally posted by RadCard View Post
                              I mean come on...does this guy fly back to Krypton for the Holidays and not return again until Mid-August every year? I remember when I used to live by the chooch...I'd have a pre-season Huddle gathering at my cabana, every August. Columbus Card, Panama Jack, Scipio, speedmerchant, KC, Pride, security and even the McStoonad 4-some would be there. Inevitably...the mysterious YTOWN would stroll around the corner and enlighten us unworthy subjects for hours! Personally...I think the Mrs., locks him up from late December to mid-August every year!
                              This sounds about right.

It also sounds like these preseason gathering needs to reconvene.

Comment

One of the BEST things about this yearly "final" scrimmage with Glenville...is that it prepares the underclassmen and 1st time starters for what (D1 powers) they're about to see in week 1!

Our last 5 openers:

2007: Mentor (W 21-10)
                                2008: @ Mentor (L 34-20)
                                2009: @ Boardman (W 23-17)
                                2010: @ Pickerington North (W 31-14)
                                2011: @ Canton McKinley (W 28-24)

The only opening day loss was @ Mentor in 2008. This has to be the toughest opener we've ever had!

Comment

Working...
                                X