Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

National Guard, Bucknuts Sponsoring Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/27/n...-and-nominate/
See more
See less
Programs in need of "New Direction" in Northwest Ohio?? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

letsgoblue you have a great point, im sure there are a few coaches on the hot seat right now who would be doing fine with the talent schools like sv, Whitmer, and Central continually have (not saying any of those schools coaches are bad)

Comment

The only way Fostoria is losing kids to Liberty Bentin is if they move there.

Comment

Hardin Northern - already had a coaching change, we'll see if it helps but the once playoff power does not have anywhere near the talent of just a few years ago.

Ayersville - Yikes! Pilots were a playoff regular in the late 80's & early to mid 90's with some very good teams sprinkled in the late 90's and 2000's. However the Pilots have fallen on hard times the last few seasons. Seems like less talent and low #'s are really hurting the sports programs in general, not just football.

Arlington - I agree they have had some success but with the Athletes they have over there, if they got out of the 1960's style of football would be a true force in the BVC and the Region on a regular basis, imo.

Toledo St. Francis - already a coaching change here, as well. Lets see if the new HC can get this storied program back to relevance.
        Last edited by OLpride; 04-25-2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Low Numbers in a "program" is indicative of a lack of confidence and support by both the athletes and community in a football program. The Head Coach is ultimately to blame if his "program" is unsuccessful. Kids today need little reason not to play. A football program that is floundering will continue to flounder until a change is instituted.

Comment

Opus, what "program" needs a change?

Comment

Originally posted by BD6372 View Post
              Is Fostoria still losing kids to Hopewell Louden? I know Hopewell had several Fostoria kids (Brickner for example) a couple years ago. I don't know about surpassing Genoa and Eastwood easily, those are pretty good programs.
              The Brickners are not out of Fostoria, they are all homegrown H-L kids

Comment

Holgate?

Comment

Originally posted by BD6372 View Post
                  Maybe Riverdale, It looked like a couple seasons back that Kloepfer had them turning the corner to get back to respectability but with only 23 kids out last year they seem to have regressed. A school with 130+ boys should not be having numbers issues. They have been down so long maybe it can't be turned around. (hear that there is a lot of interference from parents)
                  interference from parents? I don't think Kloepfer even allows interference from his asst. coaches or advice.He does demand discipline and hard work which is a good thing,but I think he has taken away to much of the fun aspect.As far as the low numbers some of that is the coaches fault. Riverdale offers 4 fall sports with approx. 160 boys in 9-12 only a little over 60 participated in all 4 sports combined,so some blame falls on the community also.After watching Riverdale during the not so GOLDEN years before Kloepfer but due to the coaches inability on the offensive side to run plays to set up other plays,instead of the attitude of I don't care if they know its coming because if we execute it properly it will work,usually with smaller sometimes out manned players.With some regret I think it is time for a change.

Comment

Delta needs a change......

Comment

Originally posted by PHDigger View Post
                      Holgate?
                      Holgate will have a new head coach this season. Former Napoleon Offensive Line Coach Jeff Boulton will be running the program after the last guy was fired for doing some inappropriate things with team finances and other coaching issues. I don't know how many W's Holgate will have under Coach Boulton, but if you have a son in that program you could not ask for a better man to be an influence in your child's life. Great man. Best of luck.

Comment

Personally, I hope your right Loose. I would like to see Holgate be competitive again. Tough situation he's walking into.

Comment

Lakota and North Baltimore both out of the MAL. Lakota moved from the Suburban Lakes Conference to the MAL to be more competitive and have gone 1-20 in the MAL in 3 seasons, (this from a D-5 school in a D-6 league) pathetic, the last 2 seasons were not even in most games after halftime. NB until Lakota joined the MAL were the the doormat every year. They usually have a couple good athletes but as a team they are not competitive. With the anticipated move to the BVC by NB maybe they can be competitive with Vanlue, Hardin Northern and most years Arcadia but I don't see them winning more than a couple BVC games a year and no matter where Lakota ends up they won't win, again a team with some decent athletes but do not play well as a team.
                          Last edited by BD6372; 05-05-2012, 12:31 AM.

Comment

I agree with a few of the others seeing Holgate competitive again would be nice...The rest of Henry county has long storied football pasts...Holgate is always know for just basketball. It would be nice to see them have some success.

Comment

I agree with Link.....Delta has fallen off the map.....content on being mediocre I guess..the administration needs to make a change....

Comment

bmp

Comment

Working...
                                X