No announcement yet.
Nick Cochran resigns as head football coach at Girard. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• jordandye5
    Reply to Shelby at Tiffin Columbian Score
    jordandye5
    I graduated from TC in '13, the year we went 10-0 in the regular season. It is embarrassing seeing that happen! The defense was practically a JV defense from previous injuries throughout the earlier half...
    Today, 01:11 AM
  • rick_dangerous
    Reply to Licking Valley @ Granville
    rick_dangerous
    Does this win put Licking Valley in the playoffs?
    Yesterday, 11:18 PM
  • NLLBEST
    Reply to Northern Lakes League 2014
    NLLBEST
    I'm hoping maumee can move the ball on the ground enough to keep Dimmerling from putting up 30+ in the first half...the only reason I don't think Kregel will try and beat maumee by 60 is because the playoffs...
    Yesterday, 11:05 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Cochran resigns as head football coach at Girard.

After many years on the sidelines, Nick will be taking an administrative position as athletic director at Girard High School. School policy does not permit administrators to hold coaching positions. Coach Cochran was one of the first area coaches to bring the spread offense to local high school football and will certainly be missed on the sidelines. I'm sure it was a difficult decision on his part to give up the reigns to one of the most consistently high scoring offenses in the area. Girard was never out of a game with Nick calling the plays. Who will replace him is the next big question. Some names have been tossed around in the last few weeks and Nick himself may be the man who makes the call on Girards next head coach. Thanks for all your efforts, Coach. It was an exciting ride. Somehow I think there might still be some input from the ex-coach when his replacement is named.

Back To The Future for the Tribe in 2014. Mark my word!!

Comment

Coach is well known in th area and will clearly have an effect as an AD. Good luck.

Comment

Mcsuley???

Comment

Nick's Phys Ed. position will open up as well. Current DC Pat Pearson is a PE teacher in another district that maybe cutting jobs. Would not surprise me if he would get both positions. He deserves a shot, IMO...

Comment

• N1lesFootball
            N1lesFootball commented
            Editing a comment
            Son of Pearson from Niles? I know he had a good amount of kids.

Did Mcsuley coach last season at all? I know i saw hm a few times around their stadium

Comment

What's the outlook for this years team without Cochran?

Comment

Working...
            X