Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
1 of 2 < >

National Guard, Bucknuts to Sponsor Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/06/n...e-week-awards/
2 of 2 < >

Reset/FInd Your Username and Password

JJHuddle members...can't remember your username or password? Get it again here and now. Just click the following link to reset your password and/or get your username: http://www.jjhuddle.com/forums/lostpw
See more
See less
New Lakewood (Hebron) Football Coach Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportsmom, let's refocus here. I don't think it is right to character assassinate Mr. Daubenmire. His beliefs are his beliefs, and those won't change, nor should they. Whether Lakewood hires him or not is totally irrelevant to me. I think he would do ok coaching the football team. My emphasis is on the administration. They are clearly highly incompetent. Again, putting emphasis back to the subject of coaching Lakewood football and educating kids, the district has mangled this up. There is no mission or vision here at all. I also blame the parents and community. They should speak up for the hiring process and have input on the new coach, not just bashing one candidate because of his beliefs. This fiasco is not Daubenmire's fault, it is Lakewood's. I'll go as far as to say the administration, parents, and community as a whole botched this. Learn from Newark, they opened it up, did their homework, got community involvement, and made a good educated decision for their football coach hire. First you have to give a damn about your football program, that would be a good starting point!

Comment

• CoreyHunter
      CoreyHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Are his beliefs his beliefs? He ranted publicly on the evil of public schools and how anyone (particularly preachers) that support public schools in ways as simple as GOING to games wearing the school colors in support are EVIL for supporting such evil organizations. But now he can be a coach in such an evil situation and that's no big deal?
      So, the lesson this hypocrite is teaching is that if there is something you desire you can just toss your beliefs aside and go for it? Or does he simply not believe the venom that spews from his own mouth? Those are the only two choices. Either he decided (by his own words) to support "evil" or he's simply a hypocrite.

The bigger issue for the school system is that he would HAVE to shut up. If he does not the school WILL be sued and they will lose. Those are facts that can not be disputed as we have seen at the last TWO public schools he was at. Fool me once shame on you, twice shame on me -three times I'm just an idiot!

• All I can say about coach Daub is my son who played for him for 2 yrs at FCA and was around the team as an 8th grader as a ball boy. Outside of male members of our family there has never been a person who was a stronger positive influence on him than coach Daub. There were times he was torn down in practice. But was always built back up before the end of the day.. He was very demanding but also a very caring person who the kids knew they could call day or night with a problem and he would be right there for them. Although I didn't agree with everything he said the things he said that I agreed with for outweighed the things I didn't. I know my son and all of his teammates were devastated when dishonesty forced him out at FCA. But he used that as a teachable moment too by telling them that things don't always go your way and the world is not fair. I just pray that the board will have the courage to hire him. The kids that play for him will be better of for it.

Comment

• ryancsportsmom
      ryancsportsmom commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm glad that was the situation for your son; however, its not the way Mr. Daubenmire handles all situations with children. Just ask a child who has questioned him or stood up for something other than what Mr. Daubenmire believes. He stood in front of a church group in Mt. Vernon and emphatically told them that if they sent their children to the Mt. Vernon Middle School that they didn't love their children, that sending their children to the Middle School was abusive. Imagine that? In that audience were single mothers who were working full time, trying to make ends meet and here's a man telling them that they were abusing their children by sending them to the local school system. He also told a group of students that attended a Fellowship of Christian Athletes that the children who weren't attending that group and were outside playing and hanging out with friends were essentially "not worthy" and "were less than those" attending the meeting. He used different words but that was the gist of that "lesson". What would your thoughts be if your son had come home and told you that? Or you were one of those parents in that church?

• CoreyHunter
      CoreyHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      ryancsportsmom that is one of my big issues with the hypocrite. For years he has ranted at how bad public schools are and how if you support them you are wrong. He has no problem taking their money or supporting them! Maybe they should make the contract that they'd compensate him 8 pieces of silver?

• Originally posted by guacamole2828 View Post
    Sportsmom, let's refocus here. I don't think it is right to character assassinate Mr. Daubenmire. His beliefs are his beliefs, and those won't change, nor should they. Whether Lakewood hires him or not is totally irrelevant to me. I think he would do ok coaching the football team. My emphasis is on the administration. They are clearly highly incompetent. Again, putting emphasis back to the subject of coaching Lakewood football and educating kids, the district has mangled this up. There is no mission or vision here at all. I also blame the parents and community. They should speak up for the hiring process and have input on the new coach, not just bashing one candidate because of his beliefs. This fiasco is not Daubenmire's fault, it is Lakewood's. I'll go as far as to say the administration, parents, and community as a whole botched this. Learn from Newark, they opened it up, did their homework, got community involvement, and made a good educated decision for their football coach hire. First you have to give a damn about your football program, that would be a good starting point!
    I agree completely with you that the administration is primarily responsible for the poor performance in Lakewood's football program. So why in the world would you allow them to decide the future direction of that program by hiring an individual who has knowingly created incredible upheaval and financial hardship in 2 other public schools? As for parents and the community, they should, if they are not already, speaking up about this hire that may or may not increase wins but could most definitely land them in court devastating their school funding.

Allowing the administration that has already failed the program once to hire someone that could cause the district even greater loss and headache is dumbfounding to me.

I wouldn't call my statements "character assassination" since you can read countless newspaper articles and court documents that spell out very clearly what he has done and just watch an hour of his videos and tell me that he doesn't do a better job than me at creating his own character assassination.

Comment

• Yea there are two issues here: Daubemire and Lakewood administration.
      We can debate until we are blue in the face Daubemire and we are going to be torn on it.
      There is no way to be anything but upset at the administration. Look even if you believe Daubemire is a great man the problem is that what folks seem to love - his "faith" and passion - he would have to completely STOP or he would get the school sued. Simple as that. He prays with the team or teaches the team his ideals he WILL be sued. Of that there is no debate. It is also - rather we like it or not - well established that they lose. These things are NOT allowed in public schools - again rather we like it or not.

So to hire him you would have to be of the belief that he can completely change. That he will stop his ministry. Stop his political activity. That he will stop praying with the team which he has done at all four of the schools he has worked at. That he will stop teaching or speaking about his faith. The he will stop his youtube videos. That he will remain quiet on various issues including politics as we enter an election year. ANYONE believe he can do that?

Even if you think he can win - which again is debatable - it will take years.
      Is it really worth the constant and massive risk he brings?
      Is it really worth the fact that in a district that already struggles to pass levies that you will make enemies with so many of your voters?
      EVEN if Daubemire would bring State Championships he's not worth it to this district!

Comment

• ryancsportsmom
        ryancsportsmom commented
        Editing a comment
        That sums things up perfectly!

• gamauter
        gamauter commented
        Editing a comment
        I understand there is a petition with about 6000 signatures on it asking the district not to hire him. I guess we see if the district listens now.

• ryancsportsmom
        ryancsportsmom commented
        Editing a comment
        There are exactly 4,098 signatures so far on the petition.

• THE losing continues!!!!!! This district is a mess!!! Top to bottom it has poor leadership. (A dministration to parents). I say Lakewood is in for another 1-9. They'll beat Millersport! LOL

Comment

• gamauter
        gamauter commented
        Editing a comment
        We don't play Millersport. Beat Northridge the last 2 years.

• Ryancsportsmom--I was suggesting that the parents at the school may have more impact than some think as to whether he gets hired!!

Comment

• This story made the front page of the Advocate today. Wow!

Comment

• I don't think that is shocking at all given how "concerned" so many seem. I hope that these same people have a similar concern for how their children perform academically, how they treat their peers, and how they interact with their teachers. I also do not understand the comments that state " they better not hire this person or they will never pass another levy". If you truly care about the students and the community you should be able to separate the hiring of a coach, from a levy that could dictate opportunities for your children. Hope they can get this mess worked out. This entire process has been a monumental failure.

Comment

• CoreyHunter
            CoreyHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            The vast majority of voters - or at least eligible voters - do NOT have children currently in the schools.
            How can you throw it in the face of a voter that you are going to hire people and pay them with their money who are so absolutely opposite of what they would want you to do - and then ask that voter to ignore your actions because if they just give you more money they will give more opportunities? Opportunities for what? To be taught to hate? To break the law by forcing one very extreme religions idea on them?

To those who are fine with his radical beliefs being thrown in the face over everyone (paid for by them) would you be fine if they hired a radical Muslim coach who made the kids follow Muslim customs and prayers and taught that those who supported Christian or Jewish organizations were evil?

• I know several people who knew and played for Dave Daubenmire at FCA, and they speak highly of his character around them and how they were very inspired by him. And that's cool, I can respect that. There's no doubting he can win on the football field. In fact he may be a great guy for some families. But that's just it. The controversy that surrounds him isn't as big of a deal as the reasons why he is controversial: his character and domineering, arrogant and hateful demeanor towards those who "oppose" him and those who "aren't pure in God's eyes". What has me concerned namely is his approval towards bullying gays. That just reeks of intolerance, and he has similarly bigoted views against Catholics, non-Christians, biracial folk, and liberals. So if he gets a presence at Lakewood, what does that message send to the groups of people I just mentioned? He preaches ostracization and bullying, and in an age where most of our teens are losing sense of morals and respect, this guy could be the person who has a permanently negatively impact on someone's life because of their experience going to Lakewood as a result of Dauby coming to town.

Comment

• school board met in special executive session to discuss personnel last night. anyone with info?

Comment

• Word on the street is that your boy Gault has told the board they will hire Daubenmire??????? Gaults a joke!!! And the circus continues at Lakewood and will for many years to come!!!!

Comment

• buckeyedan
                buckeyedan commented
                Editing a comment
                Hire him or not... Gault can't TELL the board they WILL do anything... the board hires... he can recommend... the members of the board hire and fire the employees including the AD and the Super... and of course the coaches

• Just calling a person a joke because one does not like him is irresponsible. Does anyone know the entire list of candidates who applied? Are there persons MORE qualified as a coach than Daubenmire. Are there other candidates with qualifications who applied? I do not know the answers to these questions. It is possible there are not many choices due to the recent history of the program. Once that knowledge is available, then one could make an intelligent evaluation of the decision!!!

Comment

• Sex offenders list is all that I needed to hear on this topic.

Comment

• the Father is guilty of his son's actions?

Comment

• CoreyHunter
                    CoreyHunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One of the complaints against him at FCA was that he allowed his son around the team and became irate when they asked him to not allow him around the kids.

• catchr22
                    catchr22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    that would be a legitimate concern

• The lawyer comments are funny you have to admit. Many think they are smarter than they really are and we certainly don't have a shortage of them. Common sense is what society needs, not more lawyers. Tough love never hurts in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X