Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

National Guard, Bucknuts Sponsoring Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/27/n...-and-nominate/
See more
See less
Division 2 Region 5 Regional Finals: Zanesville (12-0) vs New Albany (11-1) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• CMorris_99
    Reply to 2014 South Central Ohio League Pickem Contest
    CMorris_99
    Wilmington
    Miami Trace
    Chillicothe
    Clinton Massie
    Harrison
    Kenton Ridge
    West Liberty
    Madison Plains
    Today, 07:18 AM
  • skyvue
    Comment on ebola R us
    skyvue
    You seem to be referring to me but I am not a Democrat and didn't vote for Obama either time! The link you posted actually supports what I said. We do not need to freak out over Ebola (in this country)....
    Today, 07:12 AM
  • switch_424
    Reply to Scores of big matches
    switch_424
    Tonight big match up with state poll #1 Lake Catholic @ #4 Padua
    Should be a good one with Padua at full strength lineup wise this time around and they have been playing very well lately
    Today, 07:05 AM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its no stranger to either schools so would be a good fit

Comment

I think NA has to hope they make a mistake and put the game on grass and then have it rain cats and dogs to make it a muddy mess.....then hopefully, and I say hopefully run the ball, control the clock and force turnovers! Turf field and non-pouring rain night, Zanesville wins, IMHO!

Comment

• OldQBScout
        OldQBScout commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably right.....they haven't seen anything like the wing T offense with pulling guards. It will be quite shocking to them.

• 14svt
        14svt commented
        Editing a comment
        But with a 240 lb Fullback

• OldQBScout
        OldQBScout commented
        Editing a comment
        SC had two 240 pound running backs....and two 300 D1 Tackles they lined up on the same side and where did it get them? Add to that the vaunted OCC Kilbourne Gorilla who had even less rushing yards than SC.....get real! Z is the real deal! You better hope for heavy rain Friday night to create an issue for their passing attack.

This game will probably be played at Gahanna

Comment

Originally posted by 14svt View Post
        Lv has a nice field Good size Home side and same size as Liberty away side last night
        Licking Valley has not hosted in the past.

Look for Gahanna. In the past they have put New Albany there against Tri-Valley and Tri-Valley there against Marion Franklin. There are no turfs fields between the two that host except for Johnstown and Sheridan. Both probably too small for this one.

Comment

• Lv_Panther_89
          Lv_Panther_89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Valley has field turf and would be dead smack in the middle...they have wanted to host and would be a good one...anything in Franklin county isnt fair to Zanesville

Watched Zville dominate WK last night. Z is a complete team. WK had no offensive game plan to counter Z's defense. Z's offense is way more balanced than I would have thought based on their strength in the pass game. Z's QB throws lasers or can feather the deep ball to very impressive receivers. Don't know who #88 is but he looks like he could play on Sundays in the future. Haven't seen NA play so don't know what to expect. My suggestion to NA would be to have some misdirection and creativity in their offensive game plan; otherwise, it will be one sided like last night. Credit to WK's defense for keeping it respectable for the better part of 2 quarters.

Comment

Both teams are well coached and will be prepared. I do not know New Albany's injury situation. If they are healthy it will be a great game. If not, I see the "Ville" winning by 7 to 10. Both are class programs. I hope everyone is healthy and it is a great one!

Comment

Me Too!!!

Comment

• G-Town Beast
              G-Town Beast commented
              Editing a comment
              Now we will see just how good New Albany is... Not even the lowly Tornadoes or Quakers got shut out like Kilbourne did. Zanesville is in a league of their own. Zanesville beats New Albany 28-7. You get your words shoved down your throat this week 8ball

• OldQBScout
              OldQBScout commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure about giving 8Ball crap....he has already said that he felt the Z vs Kilbourne winner would win the region....he's just sticking up for his team...now, I would be careful because NA may be getting healthy after about four weeks of lackluster play.

I think this is a game where NA walks in as a double digit under dog for the first time in a long LONG time.. I have heard there is discussion in having the game at Columbus DeSales which has a nice and large stadium.. I have no idea that's just something I've heard.. Either was I think NA will go down early like 14-0 then fight back take a lead 28-21 then go down in the end 31-28 and Zanesville will make a trip to the state semifinal

Comment

I love it!!! This thread has the feel that NA threads used to have a couple of years ago....people trying to put them down coming off a big win and doubting them in their next matchup. At this point in the year, every team is going to be good, but as someone already mentioned, this group of kids does not get intimidated and if they do get beat, it is not by much. Good luck to both teams on a healthy week of practice!!!

Comment

I'm glad to see some bandwagon jumping going on. Week 11 we were overrated and teams could just pound the ball on us. Week 12 was the same story. Now people want to crown us. As far as I'm concerned we really haven't done anything special but beat a couple 1 dimensional teams.But if we can take whatever they like to do away like WK or St C they will be forced to do some things they don't like to do. A balanced attach might give us fits. NA is a balanced team that might give us a problem. Again we enter as underdogs facing a mighty Columbus area team. I hope we don't embarrass ourselves next week . Also it will be fun going back and forth with 8ball this week.

Comment

I picked Zville to win the region before the year started. I think its gonna be you guys and Glenville in the final. Get it done Devils!!!!!

Comment

Zanesville is too big, strong, fast & healthy for NA to overcome. NA should be proud, but Zanesville is the better team at this point in this season. NA can't beat WK. Zanesville beat WK like they were a JV team 36-0. Zanesville will shutout NA 28-0.

Comment

• 14svt
                      14svt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Has Zanesville Played a Div 1 school ?
                      Zanesville Schedule Really?

• BlueDevil92
                      BlueDevil92 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      14svt...yes we actually did play a Div 1 school this year in Newark, although that isn't saying much

G-Town, there you are my friend.(NOT) You could be right, we'll see Fri. It was only a year ago all of Skingum Co. came out to ZV Stadium to watch TV take down New Albany and celebrate like none other on their way to a State Championship. A funny thing happened along the way. I don't think I have to remind everyone what that was. We're not quite ready to crown ZV State Champs just yet and neither are a few other teams around the State.

G-Town, I think it's been well established where and how Dover stacks up against New Albany. Hopefully for your sake ZV can do what your Dover team couldn't. Dover offense, WO screen left, WO screen right, left right left right. Dover defense, Oh I forgot they have no defense. Better Luck next year!!!

april271964, I'm with you, I love it when NA is the UNDERDOG!!!

Comment

• zhsblue
                      zhsblue commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you knew anything about Muskingum County football dynamic, you would know that the Z fans did NOT come to see TV take down anyone, or to root for them to win a Championship. BIG bunch of cross-county rivalry there.

• lvdad45
                      lvdad45 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      8ball's point is a valid one though - I went to that game last year fully expecting TV to handle NA, and NA dominated that game with speed, speed, and speed!

Wow Michele, Sounds like NA shouldn't show up.

Comment

• OldQBScout
                      OldQBScout commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Now I think Z is pretty good, but their fans are starting to make me hope they lose!

Dover didnt get shut out like WK did! We all know Dover has done a lot more with a lot less and you will get beat by Zville just like Dover did. You better just hope its not worse because I will let you hear about it! You will eat your words soon enough and you get no sympathy from me!

Comment

Working...
                    X