X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D1 R2: #16 Miamisburg at #1 Hilliard Davidson

Knowing very little about Miamisburg, I would like to know what they will be bringing to old Hilliards on Saturday. The past two weeks, Davidson attempted all of 1 pass (picked off) so expect a heavy dose of Clark, Motley and Bailey (shocking, right?) The defense has been solid, giving up some yards but not breaking. A few names that haven't been talked about much on here but are having very good years are Alex Backenstoe (Leo) and Nick Stull (S). Can't wait for Saturday.

HD by 4 scores

Comment

Hey Lou. I'm in the same boat. I know nothing about Miamiaburg so it's really hard to predict anything.Clark is a hot runner right now so I can see him breaking a few long runs again.It seems like Motley can take it to the house on the outside runs at any time.Stull has been impressive on punt returns and can take it to the house.Davidson is a serious threat to anyone including any Cincy or Cleveland team.History shows they can play with anyone in the state although many don't acknowledge or like it.Best guess. Davidson 42 Miamisburg 14. I can't wait till Saturday either.Not sure what I'm going to do Friday night as it's hard to sit home after 10 straight weeks : )

Comment

I would expect HD to win this game by as many as they want. Miamisburg isn't on their level yet. The Vikings are a program that has improved greatly under their new coach. However, the Burg has a long way to go before competing with the likes of an undefeated HD. This should be a game similar to HD's game against Beavercreek, maybe worse.

Comment

I like Davidson's draw, particularly since they were oh so close to having to play St. X in round 1. The first round looks to be an easier matchup than the first round in either of the last two years. Second round will be tougher but won't involve one of the perennial Cincy powers. All due respect to Darby and Coffman but round 3 would likely be Centerville or Wayne. I like them to reach the third round but don't know that they have the offensive line or strength in the middle on defense to get past that.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatbacker View Post
            I like Davidson's draw, particularly since they were oh so close to having to play St. X in round 1. The first round looks to be an easier matchup than the first round in either of the last two years. Second round will be tougher but won't involve one of the perennial Cincy powers. All due respect to Darby and Coffman but round 3 would likely be Centerville or Wayne. I like them to reach the third round but don't know that they have the offensive line or strength in the middle on defense to get past that.
            I'm not all that familiar with the strength of either Darby or Coffman. I would believe that Centerville and Wayne win those games but they won't be locks either. Centerville has been up and down of late.

Comment

Rocks got tattooed by Centerville in a scrimmage in August not a great match-up for the Rocks , C-Ville basically scored 85 percent of the time they touched the ball , Rock scored some TD'S as well not nearly as many but competed better on that side of the ball .

Rocks a definite underdog by a few scores for sure , they have improved overall as the season has gone on and Centerville has been suspect at times on defense, but their offense has not been slowed down all year against a tough schedule .

Coffman was missing their starting inside linebackers and three others that day on defense , so I expect to see a better performance on Saturday than we saw on that Saturday morning at Coffman stadium , Also Sam McCollum is back on defense which helps with size and bulk obviously losing Rudolph at 250 for the season in week three hurt a bits size wise , 270 pound McCollum with experience on defense from last year will help make the openings a bit smaller .

Coffman offense needs to be a little less predictable , I was gnashing my teeth as I watched the offense in second and long running the same read option play on EVERY first down , to be fair the did attempt a throw on first down that was picked off and gave UA a short field in which they scored a touchdown and then went away from , more creativity is needed in the run game IMO this week and the receivers need to make a handful of plays for the Rocks to have any chance here. and oh yeah not lose the turnover battle .

Darby is a solid club and program , many thought a year away , but they also have a tough match-up IMO both teams will compete hard and represent well hopefully but the chances of driving East on I-70 at about 11.00 pm in a noisy bus aren't great, but both teams making the play-offs in rebuilding modes speaks well of the programs and coaching staffs not to mention the kids hard work
              Last edited by stivic; 11-05-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stivic View Post
                Rocks got tattooed by Centerville in a scrimmage in August not a great match-up for the Rocks , C-Ville basically scored 85 percent of the time they touched the ball , Rock scored some TD'S as well not nearly as many but competed better on that side of the ball .

Rocks a definite underdog by a few scores for sure , they have improved overall as the season has gone on and Centerville has been suspect at times on defense, but their offense has not been slowed down all year against a tough schedule .

Coffman was missing their starting inside linebackers and three others that day on defense , so I expect to see a better performance on Saturday than we saw on that Saturday morning at Coffman stadium , Also Sam McCollum is back on defense which helps with size and bulk obviously losing Rudolph at 250 for the season in week three hurt a bits size wise , 270 pound McCollum with experience on defense from last year will help make the openings a bit smaller .

Coffman offense needs to be a little less predictable , I was gnashing my teeth as I watched the offense in second and long running the same read option play on EVERY first down , to be fair the did attempt a throw on first down that was picked off and gave UA a short field in which they scored a touchdown and then went away from , more creativity is needed in the run game IMO this week and the receivers need to make a handful of plays for the Rocks to have any chance here. and oh yeah not lose the turnover battle .

Darby is a solid club and program , many thought a year away , but they also have a tough match-up IMO both teams will compete hard and represent well hopefully but the chances of driving East on I-70 at about 11.00 pm in a noisy bus aren't great, but both teams making the play-offs in rebuilding modes speaks well of the programs and coaching staffs not to mention the kids hard work
                Good info, much appreciated. Have you seen Wayne play this season by chance?

Comment

I have not seen Wayne play personally , a guy I know from Gahanna's kid plays for the Lions told me they have some really good athletes on offense a passing game that was really tough{ scored 62 on the Lions } , speed and quickness abounds , low numbers ? Pay to play result may be so depth is a concern but Darby is a household deciding to NOT move to Hilliard away from competing in D-2 so they aren't numbers heavy themselves , but some experience came back on defense and they can move the Rock , Darby will use BIG QB Green to try to keep the ball away from Wayne who will look to pass the ball and out quick the Panthers,

Darby will compete and stay in it for a while may be a long while , but I think the bigger play capabilities of Wayne . may make the game look similar to the Westy Central game , 10-14 point win for Wayne is my best guess , scoreboard operator may not be in danger of nodding off here, both defenses may have some match-up issues .

Comment

I woulda been exited to get another crack at X at home on a grass field with more fans. The draw was good it is what it is now its time to move on. IHere is some footage of miamisburg football.

Comment

• SomeGuy
                      SomeGuy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Is it just me, or was there only defense looks in that reel?

would you rather get a crack at ST X or Miamisburg ? ST X the game goes to the last possession AT BEST for HD Miamisburg IT'S A NAME THE SCORE , grass field HD is unbeatable I guess too bad you didn't have achance to kick their AZZZ right / oh well play a team 30 points worse AT LEAST LOL easy to talk tough when you get to fight a lightweight when a heavyweight leaves the building lmao

Comment

I'll be honest, I don't know a lot about Miamisburg, but just looking at their schedule and the results, I can't imagine this one being close. Davidson by 4 or 5 TDs.

Comment

Good Luck to the 'Rocks, stiv. I know we'd both like to see a Darby-Coffman round 2 game!

Comment

I just said it woulda been great to see them at HD in front of a sellout crowd. I personally think HD would beat X at home on a grass field surface. X only plays on turf it would be different to slip and slide in the mud. That said, every team would want to be in Davidson's shoes right now they choose to whine cuz it's not their team. On the flip side,in the back of their minds those SW homers believe if they win their half of the bracket its a straight trip to the championship. Regardless!
                          Last edited by buck50; 11-05-2013, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Amen to that stivy!

Comment

Working...
                            X