Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
1 of 2 < >

National Guard, Bucknuts to Sponsor Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/06/n...e-week-awards/
2 of 2 < >

Reset/FInd Your Username and Password

JJHuddle members...can't remember your username or password? Get it again here and now. Just click the following link to reset your password and/or get your username: http://www.jjhuddle.com/forums/lostpw
See more
See less
D-1 Is everyone playing to be defeated by Lakewood St.Ed in the finals? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-1 Is everyone playing to be defeated by Lakewood St.Ed in the finals?

I have watched them play a few times this season and they look a step above all of the other D-1 teams I have watched.

I did watch the game where they were defeated by Iggy, and even after that I still feel they are the favorite to win it all.

What are you talking about? Fitch just scrimmaged Ohio state and won soundly. Fitch is definitely the team to beat. Obviously.

Comment

• zg1
      zg1 commented
      Editing a comment
      The Ohio state varsity team? Couldn't believe that for a second.. Maybe the club team if they have one but to say they handled OSU is complete nonsense

• AFGuins8
      AFGuins8 commented
      Editing a comment
      He's just trolling, he'll be banned again soon enough im sure

I'm thinking that if Lakewood St. Edward is in the final game and they beat your favorite team, then it was well worth the effort it took to be the State Division I Runner-up, so yes, I guess it might come down to playing for second, but I don't see that as a bad season goal.

Comment

In my opinion there are a few teams that are better than others and I think St. Eds is the best team in Ohio based on pure matchups but to say they are the the favorite and can't be beaten in crazy... There are so many good teams and players in Ohio that nothing is for sure.. Perfect example Kenton last year was a huge favorite to win a state title and came up short. In D1 there are teams that should win but there is nothing definite.. Too many good team but to say Fitch is the favorite is also a stretch.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say MahoningValley was being sarcastic LOL actually! I do recall the fitch-buckeyes game, Fitch ran for like 365 yards on 14 carries. What a performance.

Comment

In 1992 Fitch beat St. Edward twice in the same season, so obviously Fitch would be at least a 7 point favorite this year.

Comment

On a serious note, there are probably 6 or 7 teams that COULD beat St. Edward. Now, will they? That is the beauty of high school football, it really is any given Friday/Saturday.

Comment

Colerain over St. Eds in the championship...write it down.

Comment

• zg1
              zg1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Colerain is good man! They have had some great teams and players lately and I'd love to see them do some work in the playoffs but it'll be tough

My final 4 for each div
            Div 1 Lakewood St.Ed's/Can Mckinley/ Hillard Davidson/Cin Colerain
            with Cin Colerain as Div 1 Champs
            Div 2 Cle Glenville/Mass/ Zanesville/Lovland with Massillon as Div 2 Champs
            DIv 3 Akr SVSM/Tol Cen Cath/ Col Marion Franklin/ Trotwood Madison Akr SVSM as Div 3 Champs
            Div 4 Cardnal Mooney/Kenton/ Licking Valley/Clinton Massie Clinton Massie DIv 4 Champs
            Div 5 Ursuiline/ Coldwater/ Bishop Hartley/ West Jefferson Bishop Hartley as Div 5 Champs
            Div6 Kirtland/ Delphos Jefferson/ Bishop Ready/ Miami East SORRY Kirtland Div 6 Champs
            DIv7 Danville/ Arlington/ Shadyside/ marion Local Marion Local win another DIv 7 CHamp

Comment

McKinley is WAY, WAY, WAY puffed up (since I can't use the real O word for them). They are so one-dimensional and only have one good player. I expect them to win 1, maybe 2 playoff games. No DEFENSE at all.

Comment

Originally posted by pirateflash07 View Post
                My final 4 for each div
                Div 1 Lakewood St.Ed's/Can Mckinley/ Hillard Davidson/Cin Colerain
                with Cin Colerain as Div 1 Champs
                Div 2 Cle Glenville/Mass/ Zanesville/Lovland with Massillon as Div 2 Champs
                DIv 3 Akr SVSM/Tol Cen Cath/ Col Marion Franklin/ Trotwood Madison Akr SVSM as Div 3 Champs
                Div 4 Cardnal Mooney/Kenton/ Licking Valley/Clinton Massie Clinton Massie DIv 4 Champs
                Div 5 Ursuiline/ Coldwater/ Bishop Hartley/ West Jefferson Bishop Hartley as Div 5 Champs
                Div6 Kirtland/ Delphos Jefferson/ Bishop Ready/ Miami East SORRY Kirtland Div 6 Champs
                DIv7 Danville/ Arlington/ Shadyside/ marion Local Marion Local win another DIv 7 CHamp
                McKinley won't even win this week. No chance of final four. Massillon either

Comment

This is from GQ Hollywood a few weeks ago on another thread:
                  "These were my picks from June 28th on a thread that I made... D-1: Lakewood St. Edward beats Cincinnati Colerain D-2: Massillon Washington beats New Albany D-3: Akron St. Vincent St. Mary beats Trotwood Madison D-4: Youngstown Cardinal Mooney beats Clarcksville Clinton-Massie D-5: Coldwater beats Youngstown Ursuline D-6: Kirtland beats Versailles D-7: Maria Stein Marion Local beats Glouster Trimble I will stick with my winners in D-1, 3, 5, 6 and 7. As far as D-2 I will go with Glenville. D-4 I will pick Kenton."

Dude might be spot on for the most part! lol

Comment

As of this moment, I think St. Ed's beats Colerain in D-I, Glenville beats Worthington Kilbourne in D-II, St. V beats Trotwood Madison in D-III, Mooney beats Massie in D-IV, Coldwater beats Ursuline in D-V, Bishop Ready beats Kirtland in D-VI and Maria Stein Marion Local beats Glouster Trimble in D-VII

Comment

• pirateflash07
                      pirateflash07 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      TRIMBLE REALLY ? I CAN SEE EVERYONE ELSE

St. Ed's must have that recruiting machine in full gear again!

Comment

Yea and you guys know this why Mckinley makes final 4 mass might only get beat by Glenville PUT THAT IN THE BANK

Comment

Working...
                      X