Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Reset/FInd Your Username and Password

JJHuddle members...can't remember your username or password? Get it again here and now. Just click the following link to reset your password and/or get your username: http://www.jjhuddle.com/forums/lostpw
See more
See less
Lancaster football 2013 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout Verbally Commits to Ohio State

Comment

@ lancaster90. he might have more than one cousin living here. the kid im talkin about is a sophmore and didnt play football or bball as a fresh.

Comment

Found out yesterday that they are in fact two diff kids, both related to boom, from what ive been told.

Comment

Any clue what were the records of the jv, freshman and junior high teams this past season?

Comment

@ny92, i sent u a message. just makin sure u got it.

Comment

Yes thank you

Comment

So correct me if I'm wrong but it appears that Kinnard isn't going to return, also Ritmeyer and Schoonover will not be back.

Comment

Okay, so anyone got any news? It's been several years since we've had a good season.

Comment

In a tough OCC Ohio I can see the Gales being better than a year ago. They clearly underacheived. They where from a talent aspect better than 3-7. A couple of keys for the Gales to have success will be:
                    1 Offense has to play physical (at times they looked like they were going through the motion)
                    2. Better special teams play (allowed way too many big plays)
                    3. Need Improvement in the secondary (at times last year they looked slow and unsure).
                    I hope with the changes on the coaching staff with whoever Rob brought in brings new life and enthusiasm to the team.They will still be young in a few areas but they do have good talent when the abilities are used to their best. No disrespect to Lakota East and Canal but the Non league schedule is a little easier but not much easier. 5-5 I think will be a good year but they could surprise and get to seven wins. I do not expect playoffs but a winning record would be nice.
                    Games the Gales should win are Logan, Newark, Groveport and Canal Win
                    Losses should be to Pick Central, Lakota East, Gahanna, and Reynoldsburg
                    Not so sure games Pick North and Grove City
                    That is why 5-5 is realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by lancaster90 View Post
                      In a tough OCC Ohio I can see the Gales being better than a year ago. They clearly underacheived. They where from a talent aspect better than 3-7. A couple of keys for the Gales to have success will be:
                      1 Offense has to play physical (at times they looked like they were going through the motion)
                      2. Better special teams play (allowed way too many big plays)
                      3. Need Improvement in the secondary (at times last year they looked slow and unsure).
                      I hope with the changes on the coaching staff with whoever Rob brought in brings new life and enthusiasm to the team.They will still be young in a few areas but they do have good talent when the abilities are used to their best. No disrespect to Lakota East and Canal but the Non league schedule is a little easier but not much easier. 5-5 I think will be a good year but they could surprise and get to seven wins. I do not expect playoffs but a winning record would be nice.
                      Games the Gales should win are Logan, Newark, Groveport and Canal Win
                      Losses should be to Pick Central, Lakota East, Gahanna, and Reynoldsburg
                      Not so sure games Pick North and Grove City
                      That is why 5-5 is realistic.
                      I agree with the 5-5 assessment. The key for the Gales will be at QB, Butzko has 10 starts heading into his junior season. The key to the offense for LHS as we all know are sustained, methodical, 6 minute scoring drives. He has a great teacher in Stoughton. The QB play will determine which direction the 5-5 prediction sway.

Comment

-some recent news and notes. Austin Crist isnt playing football this year. hes about 6'3 250 with lots of experience, so that couldve helped a lot.
                        -I believe as of right now, Trout and Herold will play the guards and they need to find 2 tackles and a center.
                        -Mont Goss (LHS class of 90) is the new o line coach at lanc. i think his knowledge of the position and his excitement for the game and school should be a very good thing for the boys up front.
                        -I also heard there is going to be 4-5 players going both ways for the gales this year. weve always had a couple, but never really that many. should be interesting. i think its a good thing.

Comment

as far as our record goes, im not sure. we have a very solid backfield, but i think itll all depend on how the rest of the o-line is filled in and how they gel with one another. i think the O could def score some points if everything falls into place. I think the real question mark is defense. I believe we lost 7 starters and a couple kids who were gonna be seniors and most likely starters arent playing. so we could have lots of holes to fill on D. i will say this tho, the defensive front 4 will be one of the biggest weve had at lancaster in a while...6'6 280, 6'4 270, 6'4 240 and 6'1 220. with two returning starters and the other two had significant playing time. Thats something to build on. I would say were def capable of 6-4, but mistakes happen sometimes that cost teams a victory. i think were also capable of 3-7 again. im hoping for the 6-4, obviously.

Comment

We always hear how big the Lancaster line is. No one really cares how big they are! Can they play? Are they quick, are they mentally tough, can they block down and pull?

Size can only get you so far. Hopefully the line for the gales is good this year and can lead the way to the playoffs!

Comment

Mont Goss is a quality guy and character, LHS will surely benefit from his presence and what he can bring to the show. His kid is talented too.

Comment

@run n shoot. Trout and Herold can def play on the o line. theyll obviously be the strong point. the rest of the o line will be unproven, so i cant answer that. as far as the def line goes, they can all play. theyre not just big sloppy dummies, the front four on the d line are athletic and they can play. just because i post a kids size, doesnt mean anything. just trying to give a visual.

Comment

Working...
                                X