X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All District selections?

Any word on when these are going to be released?

Has to be Thursday or Friday of this wk!

Comment

I'm assuming anywhere between tomorrow and Friday... SHOULD be tomorrow... I'll leave it in the air for now considering how the Dispatch has been run the past 6 months or so... Most of the dates I have in my archives are Wednesday's...

For now... how about we put together our own ACD teams? Here is my D1 ACD team... keep in mind that most of the players I saw this season were in the Cardinal so I apologize in advance. Also, my picks might not be the best at any given position, but a reflection of the game(s) I saw. Feel free to make your own!

QB- James Walsh, Dublin Coffman, Sr... not quite the #'s as DeMars or Renzetti, but he's the best I've seen this year
      RB- Donovan Wilson, Dublin Jerome, Sr.
      RB- EJ Jennings, Hilliard Davidson, Sr... Did not impress me early on in the season, but holy second half of the season!
      RB- Bilal Williamson, Dublin Coffman, Sr... I put Igwebuike at DB to get Williamson on the list
      WR- Jalen Bell, Westerville South, Sr... 76 catches for 1212 yards and 16 td's
      WR- Tim Shadoan, Dublin Scioto, Sr... 81 catches for 1007 yards and 9 td's receiving, 44 carries for 237 yards and 9 tds
      TE- Jake Butt, Pickerington North, Sr.
      OL- Austin Schmidt, Olentangy, Sr.
      OL- Zach Williams, Hilliard Darby, Sr.
      OL- Zack Murdoch, Dublin Coffman, Sr.
      OL- Chris Huhn, Pickerington North, Sr.
      OL- Nick Milo, Upper Arlington, Sr.
      DL- Miles McCollum, Dublin Coffman, Sr.
      DL- Jeff Jones, Reynoldsburg, Sr.
      DL- Nick Wright, Hilliard Davidson, Sr.
      DL- Mason Sawicki, Dublin Scioto, Sr.
      LB- Cameron Kohl, Hilliard Darby, Sr.... 127 tackles, 5 sacks
      LB- Dylan Weigel, Pickerington North, Sr.
      LB- Chad Moore, Grove City, Sr.
      LB- Grant Cartwright, Olentangy Liberty, Sr.
      DB- Caleb Day, Hilliard Darby, Sr... 55car-451yds-8.2ypg-9td/27rec-424yds-5td/40tkl-5int-13pd
      DB- Godwin Igwebuike, Pickerington North, Sr... 1,550+ yards rushing, 22 touchdowns
      DB- Seth Hill, Worthington Kilbourne, Jr.... quite possibly my favorite opponent I saw all season
      DB- Marcus Ball, Westerville South, Sr.
      K- Grant Coffman, Dublin Coffman, Sr.
      P- Nate Green, Hilliard Darby, Jr.
      Last edited by panthercager200; 11-06-2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Cager: Great list. Hard to argue with many of them.

Not sure I would have had Murdoch on mine.

The big 2-way kid from Westerville Central, Jon Whitman? or something like that, he had a heck of a game against Scioto. As opponents come and go, he'd be on my list for sure.

QB is tough, but I think you make a great argument for Walsh. His numbers don't match the others, be he has a certain command of the game that stood out to me. Unfortunate that he had a couple of disaster games to close out his career.

Williamson didn't do anything against Scioto on the ground, but he lit up just about veryone else, so I can't argue there.

I would probably also swap out Buchi Okafor from Olentangy for Marcus Ball at DB. Again, that might just be me though.

Comment

Cager: Dylan Weigel is a Junior. Not a Senior.

Comment

Thought about Whitman, specifically based off of his stats. I only saw him once and Nick Wright twice, and honestly I'm not even sure how much defense Wright played this year. Whitman is probably a better choice, but I wanted to get Nick Wright on there somewhere. With Murdoch, he was one of the few linemen I looked out for based on his OU commit. There is probably many other worthy linemen. I haven't seen enough of Okafor, but know Cap City Preps hyped him up.

My bad PN...

Any others want to take a stab at their picks?

Comment

All District teams are released by the AP usually released
              in a like manner each year.

All Ohio will be State Championship week.

All-Districts...
              Likely starting next week

Last year

(11/09) Central
              (11/09) East

(11/15) Southeast

(11/14) Southwest

(11/17) Northwest

(11/18) NE-inland
              (11/17) NE-lakes

:>---

Comment

were they in todays paper ?

Comment

No, they were not...

Comment

What paper? Not the Dispatch!!

Comment

8ball, they said they were NOT in the paper..lol

Comment

Oh!! Now you tell me. I guess I got my reading degree from WVU. lol!!! I still know the 3 R's though Reading, Riting and the Road to Rittman. lol!!!

Comment

I like the list but instead of Huhn I would go with Glackin from PN OL Huhn missed many games with injury and Glackin has been the leader on this team's OL with numerous pancakes. Also there is now way I can see Godwin not being all district at RB with all due respect to the ones listed. As a PN fan I would like to find a spot for Mason O as well especially since he was elected OCC player of the year.

Comment

8ball, HAHA.

Comment

Any Dad want to tell another Dad that his kid shouldn't be on the list? BOLD BABY!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X