Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Reset/FInd Your Username and Password

JJHuddle members...can't remember your username or password? Get it again here and now. Just click the following link to reset your password and/or get your username: http://www.jjhuddle.com/forums/lostpw
See more
See less
Week 6 Hamilton Twp. (3-2) @ Liberty Union (5-0) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• BoatShoes
    Reply to Who is your current first choice for the next President?
    BoatShoes
    Personally I do not think either Elizabeth Warren or Rand Paul are good choices for President. Democrats who want Warren are setting themselves up for the same kind of disappointment they've found in...
    Yesterday, 05:25 PM
  • DaPlane
    Reply to Maumee bay tournament
    DaPlane
    Wasn't referring to Mags. Isn't there a tri or squad scrimmage involving Norwalk at Padua?...
    Yesterday, 04:51 PM
  • PremierCoach
    Premier Athletics 2015 Tryouts
    PremierCoach
    Premier Athletics will be conducting tryouts for the 2015 Summer Season July 26th-27th and August 2nd-3rd. Premier Athletics has applied to renew our position as a franchise member of the Diamond League...
    Yesterday, 04:38 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 Hamilton Twp. (3-2) @ Liberty Union (5-0)

After 2 weeks of conference play, 3 teams remain unbeaten in the Buckeye and 2 of them meet in Baltimore on Friday night. Since the announcement of the new league alignments, there has been no shortage of skeptics that believe the Lions had bit off more than they could chew. A test was passed last Friday when the Lions stifled Bloom Carroll's high powered offense. But can they hang with D2 Hamilton Twp.? If the two schools have played before, it's been awhile. Historically, Dan Johnson's teams play their best ball in the second half of the season. The Lions probably need two more wins to make the playoffs. Could they get one of them this week?
    Hamilton Twp.
    42.55%
    Liberty Union
    57.45%

What type of animal was Fido?

Dont sound your own horn bud we are underdogs and cant wait to make the trip down to Baltimore Friday night.

Comment

I've seen both teams in action. I don't know if I would call Bloom Carroll a test after seeing them firsthand. My nephew is on the team and I don't want to be negative on the Bulldogs but let's face it, they hadn't played anybody up until you guys walked in there Friday. It's why I said in the game thread that I didn't know what I could actually take away from that game.

I know where Hamilton is and they are starting to get away from the injury bug. Have some starters coming back on the line this week on both sides of the ball. They have been battered and bruised since week two playing some really tough opponents. Licking Heights and Worthington Kilbourne are both most likely going to the playoffs and Hamilton could have won both those games. Then headed into league play to face two very physical teams from Circleville and Amanda Clearcreek. The Rangers did not do themselves any favors in scheduling this season. Had they been playing last years schedule they would likely be undefeated and still sitting atop the power polls for DIV II. But if you want to take the next step you need to schedule tough opponents.

I am impressed with the Lions convincing win over Amanda. Even when their program is down they are always tough and Liberty Union had a decisive win at home against them.

This week when they played Hamilton the place was rocking. They held down Hammy's offense and limited them to 221 total yards of offense. They held the Lions to 260. You throw in the factor of Hammy playing the game in the pit and you have trouble figuring out what those numbers mean, if anything.

I have a high opinion of your defense. Holding down the Aces and limiting a Bloom offense to 0 points and I had heard 76 yards of offense? Box score is not showing numbers on yardage as of yet. That is impressive.

Bottom line is I could look at all the numbers and try to analyze the heck out of this but it doesn't mean a thing when we hit the field. No doubt it should be a good game and I am not expecting a high scoring affair. Maybe the barn burner I had expected the Lions-Bulldogs game to be.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUGER View Post
        Bottom line is I could look at all the numbers and try to analyze the heck out of this but it doesn't mean a thing when we hit the field........... .
        I got nothing either. I've never seen HT's varsity. Scores of common opponents can be deceiving - way too many variables. Our kids handled Amanda without much trouble yet LU had absolutely nothing for Licking Heights last season. I know some of these kids played against each other in a JV or Freshman game a couple years ago. I don't remember who won but I don't think it was lopsided either way. Doesn't matter because JV scores are probably less reliable indicators than common opponents. Most folks that follow the team expect the Rangers to be the toughest game for LU this season. Anyone (including Pasteur's computer) that claims certainty to the outcome is probably blowing smoke. I'm pretty sure it will be a good game. Looking forward to it and hoping both teams get through without injury.

Comment

I'm pretty sure, unless there's been a rule change, that the team with the most points at the end of the game will win. The Rangers put in a pretty good defensive effort against Amanda. 14 of Amanda's 23 points came off of special teams breakdowns by the Rangers. I just remembered that LU's coach is a relative of mine.

Comment

I would have to say HT wins this one final score 28 to 7. Getting Williams and hopefully Jones back this week will be HUGE. Just dont think Liberty has played anyone with the skilled players like HT has all over the field.

Comment

[QUOTE=Midline Crisis;n1076705If the two schools have played before, it's been awhile. [/QUOTE]

Sometime in the 1980's, if I recall. When Hamilton Twp joined the MSL around 1979 or 1980, either there was just the one division back then, or we were placed in the division with Liberty Union, Millersport, and Berne Union during league play. I do remember going to Liberty Union for a basketball game, probably 1982, and it was the only time I've seen a game played on a stage (may have been the last year for that building and gym).

Originally posted by DOUGER View Post
              . Maybe the barn burner I had expected the Lions-Bulldogs game to be.
              Okay, whippersnapper. Green_Gold76 and I will handle the cliches from here on out.

Originally posted by green__n_gold76 View Post
              I'm pretty sure, unless there's been a rule change, that the team with the most points at the end of the game will win.
              I'd heard that NFHS changed the rules on that recently?

Originally posted by green__n_gold76 View Post
              I just remembered that LU's coach is a relative of mine.
              Our secret weapon! Exploit that baby!

Comment

You gotta admit, a 'barn burner in Baltimore' has a nice ring to it!

Comment

I hope they're burning barns in Baltimore on Friday night, because that'll cleanse the air from the paper mill stench.

Comment

A lulu at Liberty U.

Comment

A throw-down in Thurston.

My secret weapon is that I saw the Liberty Union compete in a marching band contest last night in Grove City. Come half-time this Friday, I'm gonna be ready for them!

Comment

Originally posted by Zunardo View Post
                        A throw-down in Thurston.

My secret weapon is that I saw the Liberty Union compete in a marching band contest last night in Grove City. Come half-time this Friday, I'm gonna be ready for them!
                        Did they do the show where our majorettes are dressed in Grim Reaper cloaks? That one kinda freaks me out.

Comment

I don't think so, I think it was a pretty upbeat, most of the shows were. I do remember that the LU band had a very tight performance, very impressive.

There was a school from Cincinnati where the color guard wore hooded robes, and they were battling against another girl who was portraying a witch.

Comment

Coming from an AC fan who has seen both schools, and with no knowledge of who was missig during those 2 games, here it goes. LU is the most intense agressive football team Amanda has faced this year, that includes Hartley and Ironton. LU's O & D Lines fire off the ball and gets to the other teams side of the line of scrimmage faster than any team I have seen. They are by far the most disiplined team we have played. The QB is very very good and the RB has good speed. AC was without one of their best weapons in Leisure when playing LU, he played and made a huge difference against HT. Crum is a legit D1 college athlete, LU will have no one on the field with his athletic ability, but since he doesn't play RB or QB, you can contain him a little better (you won't stop him) but you can reduce his effect on the game if yor scheme is set appropriatly. My advice is stay away from Crum as much as possible and double team him when he's on offense. If LU plays as agressive at the line as they did against AC, they can double team Crum and still get to the QB. My gut tells me that this game will come down to agressive disiplined play and I give the edge to LU, not to take anything from HT, because they have very good athletes, I just disn't see the determiniation in HT that I saw in LU to be great on every single play of the game. My prediction is LU - 24 HT 14.

Comment

HT has been without what may be the best offensive player in the league, if not the area, for three of the first five games. I'm not sure that he was 100% when he did play. He is a player that the defense has to build their game plan around. We hope to see him back this week. LU is a good team that has played in a lot of big games against good teams. They had almost half a season of extra practice last season. This will be a huge challenge for the Rangers.
                              Last edited by green__n_gold76; 09-30-2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X