X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helmet comes off during play.....

this happened in our game last nite.....fremont st. joe vs hopewell-loudon....one of our defensive linemans helmet is knocked off and he continues to pursue the qb........if i remember getting in on the tackle.....what is the ruling on this....i thought the official should have blown the play dead as soon as his helmet popped off....from a safety standpoint....i could be wrong

The rule from NFL to college to HS is relatively new and it gets confusing... will be interested to hear the ruling

Comment

if the player loses his helmet he has to stop pursuing the play. if there a running back and loses their helmet then the play is blown dead. if the player losing his helmet is away from the play it isnt blown dead. if you are defensive player tackling the offensive player the play doesnt get blown dead either.

Comment

Is that the rule for all levels now?

Comment

Originally posted by bighouse43420 View Post
          this happened in our game last nite.....fremont st. joe vs hopewell-loudon....one of our defensive linemans helmet is knocked off and he continues to pursue the qb........if i remember getting in on the tackle.....what is the ruling on this....i thought the official should have blown the play dead as soon as his helmet popped off....from a safety standpoint....i could be wrong
          When a helmet comes off a runner, the play is dead and the ball is spotted where the runner was when the helmet came off.

If any other player loses his helmet during a play, he can continue to participate in the play. He does not have to stop pursuing.

Any player who has his helmet come off during a play must leave the game for one down, unless the reason for the helmet coming off was a direct result from a foul committed against him.

Comment

Working...
          X