Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

National Guard, Bucknuts to Sponsor Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/06/n...e-week-awards/
See more
See less
OYWA youth state predictions? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OYWA youth state predictions?

Anyone brave enough to take a stab at who the prejected state champs and runner ups will be at each weight class?

I'll start with what little I have to go on and the weights I am familiar with. 60 will be Jacob Decauter, 64 Zach Wiseman followed by Scotty Richter or Joey Hirsch and Nick Sabin. 67,Hands down Jordan Decauter followed by Deitrich Boysel. 70 Brendan Reeves if in fact this is the weight he will go. Ronnie Pietro and Hunter Ryan will definately be in the mix as will Matt Fields. 73 Micheal North Not sure who else is there yet. 76Alec Bailey followed by Tyson Seneverong. 79 David Cumberledge. 82 Jack Gorman with Jacob Lagoa some where in the top four. 120 Gage Willis. 150 With out a doubt Domenic Depeitro from Brecksville. Help me out where I may be wrong and with the other weight classes i am un formiliar with.

Comment

oywa predictions

Comment

Can ne1 from ohio wrestle n oywa? Were n columbus so are we allowed in

Comment

Originally posted by MrMichiganMan View Post
          Can ne1 from ohio wrestle n oywa? Were n columbus so are we allowed in
          Yes and no. You can live anywhere in Ohio but you have to join a OYWA team. All teams are in the NE. I think like 150 or something. OYWA has been around longer than OAC or OURWAY and its pretty tough. 6th grade and under, no other age restrictions.

Comment

Here are a few names to add to the list:
            52 lbs Mason Brugh, 56 lbs Jaden Morr, 73 lbs Micheal North, 82 lbs Brady Chrisman, 90lbs Gavin Stika, 95 lbs Emil Soehnlen, Riley Smucker, 100 lbs Joey Baughman, 105 lbs Victor Marcelli, 150 Clay McComas (split with Dipeitro this weekend), Hvy Crawford Hamrick
            Last edited by wads1107; 12-05-2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Is Chrisman from Medina going 82 or 86? Cordello is tough at 82, so is Coleman from Kratos. Breeding from BTW is really slick and he will be at 76 or 79, Skaggs is good at 86 from Akron Gladiators. Lunkwitz will be 82 or 86 and is tough. Stitka from Wadsworth at 90 will be hard to beat. Lots of good kids.

Comment

These are a few kids at the Dover division that could make some noise at state 64 Dalton Burcher (claymont) 79 Lj Lowery (new phila) 79 Zach Deibel (Indian Valley) 86 Briar Cadle (claymont) 110 Hunter Hershberger (claymont) there's a tough lil 52 or 56 from Phila don't know the lil guys name.. Don't know of anyone else after 110lb

Comment

Saw Coleman wrestle at the Clash of the Titans . He looked very tough. Kid has an awesome cradle. Have to give him the edge over Cardello, who may drop to 79 and have to face Cumberledge in the Austintown district. I watched Cumberledge's wild style pinn Cardello at districts and state last year.Also, had the chance to see Cumberledge pinn his way thru the Clash of the Titans ,when this kids on he is very entertaining. Will have his hands full with Breeding. However, dont count him out until the last second ticks off the clock, the kid can scramble. Depeitro is still my pic at 150 ALL though Mc Comas is a stud! Depietro is a bull and a hard worker and it will give him the edge in the end. Dont forget about David Coy from Lake Catholic who is capable of catching Depietro or Mc Comas off Guard. 86 my prediction is Jante Lockett from Shaker Hts. Has beaten Coleman 9 to 1 and Cumberledge 4 to 1 this year.Both wrestlers were giving up weight. However this kid is a beast and will be tough to beat.
                  Last edited by lakecityfan; 12-06-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Very early for this. But any kids making it to the states meet is good wrestler. 6th grade and under is hard on the younger kids.......!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by herrenj View Post
                      Yes and no. You can live anywhere in Ohio but you have to join a OYWA team. All teams are in the NE. I think like 150 or something. OYWA has been around longer than OAC or OURWAY and its pretty tough. 6th grade and under, no other age restrictions.
                      Rumor around the Cleveland area is that Ken Dies is allowing PA kids to wrestle in the OYWA

Comment

Cardello is wrestling for North Akron at 82, Bailey is at N.A. at 79 not 76 and Gorman is at North Akron at 86 not 82. Cardello will not be in Austintown district. These are the weights they wrestled at Firestone the past 2 weeks.

Comment

Is this Baughman's year???? Or will he land in another 13/14 year old 6th graders bracket?

Comment

These guys should all do well.
                            Victor Marcelli
                            David Crawford
                            Joey Baughman
                            Riley Smucker

Comment

what weight is Victor Marcelli going?

Comment

Working...
                              X