Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEY KIDS! Lets help out old man Howl..

Few of the essentials:

1. Stopped running after I graduated in 2010. Been about a year and a half since I worked out/ran consistently.
    2. I'm recovering from shoulder surgery.

Ok.. now I've never been one to START running, especially after a long layoff of inactivity. I need some pointers. Now, I'm not a bloated fatty, but I'm not exactly the ripped 6 pack I was in college. So.. help me out guys! Any links/tips/things you've done is appreciated. I'd like to get back to my sprinter shape (I don't plan on running the mile like in college, but I'd like to be somewhat competitive in the 400/800 again.

Lets do this!

Howl, I'm a distance guy who quit running for many years then made a bit of a comeback & ran 3 half marathons after the age of 47. Obviously you are not that old.........so you can speed up your comeback with ease. I started with walking/running making it comfortable. I didn't push very hard until I was able to build up some endurance and stamina. For a sprinter I'm not quite sure of the approach to take. I would still think you need some sort of distance to get all those muscles, tendons, and ligaments ready for the workload of sprinting. My best advice is to take it slow at first, avoid injury/setbacks, then build on that base with your sprint workouts.

Comment

Working...
    X