Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

National Guard, Bucknuts Sponsoring Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/27/n...-and-nominate/
See more
See less
#2 goes after #1 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• VB fan
    9-28 Coaches' Polls
    VB fan
    Surprises? ~~Coaches Poll 9-28-2014
    Division 1
    Place Team Total Points # of votes for 1st Place Votes
    1 St. Ursula Academy (Toledo, OH) 335 34 30
    2 Mount Notre Dame 274 32 2...
    Today, 10:53 PM
  • JHSfan
    Comment on Northridge @ Johnstown
    JHSfan
    I believe Johnstown leads the series 33 - 19.
    Today, 10:53 PM
  • VB fan
    Alter rising?
    VB fan
    From Alter website, their results - they appear to be on an upswing, 7-0 after a 6-6 start.- Carroll, Centerville and CJ finish the regular season. By the end of the season, Tina seems to always have...
    Today, 10:49 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2 goes after #1

Saw in the paper that Bloom Carroll chose to go in the same braket against neighboring number 1 seed Liberty Union. Coach have great faith in his team or is playing with the devils cards? Sure don't see that very often. BC folks help me understand?

My take.....

Both coaches feel their team can go all the way. So, when you get out of Districts, you have your choice of playing in Lancaster, a 15-20 minute drive from either school where your 2 opponents will have to travel an hour and a half to get there, or you drive an hour and a half to Wright State to play twice in your opponents' back yard.

The choice is simple to me.

Comment

The same thing happened in Division I.... #2 Olentangy Orange went into the same bracket with #1 Central Crossing.

Of course, one of the factors facing D1 teams this year is that the fourth team in the Columbus Regional will be the Massillon District Champion....most likely defending State Champion North Canton Hoover. Central Crossing chose to play another Central Division team in the Regional Semi's and hold Hoover off to the Regional Championship. Orange followed suit and then #3 Pickerington Central went to the District that would face Central Crossing's District in the Regionals.... also avoiding Hoover. There are very few seeded teams in the District that has to face Hoover in the Regional Semi's.

Comment

First goal should probably be to get out of the districts, one would think. If you dont win, location wouldn't matter, but can somewhat understand your logic.

Comment

Just looked at the Regional Brackets.... West Liberty Salem (17-1) looks to be the most likely team to come out of the Tipp City District. Could it be that Bloom was trying to avoid meeting them?

Comment

Call me lazy for not looking it up, but what is Liberty Union ranked state wise? At one time, I think they were #3 an Bloom was 4.

Comment

Originally posted by mstateleague View Post
              Call me lazy for not looking it up, but what is Liberty Union ranked state wise? At one time, I think they were #3 an Bloom was 4.
              This week #1.

Comment

Thanks for aiding in my laziness! Lol!

Comment

BC has final 4 aspirations......easier road to head SE.

Of course they have to get by LU (major task).....but I can see their thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by full_count View Post
                    Just looked at the Regional Brackets.... West Liberty Salem (17-1) looks to be the most likely team to come out of the Tipp City District. Could it be that Bloom was trying to avoid meeting them?
                    And Lucasville Valley #2 in the state, if they win-out, coming from one of the Chillicothe districts to Lancaster.

One game at a time starting with the sectional finals.

Comment

Choose one bracket and possibly face #1 in District Finals and #2 in Regional Finals.
                      Choose other bracket and possibly face #10 in District Semis, #7 in District Finals, #8 in Regional Semis, just for the chance to face the winner of #4 and #9.

Either is tough, but choosing between 4 straight games against top 10 teams (with the last two being 2 hours away) and 2 out of 4 games against top 10 teams is easy (with the last two being in their backyard).

Looks to me like the BC coach was crazy like a fox.

Comment

from an article in the Lancaster Eagle Gazette:

Bulldogs coach Choc Woods picked where he did because the winner of that district plays its regional games in Lancaster. The other district winner goes to Dayton.

"I'd rather play in our back yard," Woods said. "One of us is probably going to do that, so I hope it's us. But we have to get there first."
                        http://www.lancastereaglegazette.com...tball-playoffs

Comment

Working...
                        X