No announcement yet.
I've lost track. Who is where? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• 14Red
    Reply to Cincinnati Reds 2014
    14Red
    On a side note, it's interesting that instant replay is starting to get some guff. I felt this would happen. We are now (just like football and basketball) using replay as a crutch. Umpires are indecisive,...
    Today, 12:03 PM
  • 14Red
    Comment on Cincinnati Reds 2014
    14Red
    Oh, I knew for sure he wasn't bunting, but boy, in that situation, striking out would have been better than hitting a ground ball, or a fly ball to left or center. Fortunately, Bruce and run a little,...
    Today, 12:01 PM
  • NapRover
    Reply to Obama DELAYS pipeline decision..
    NapRover
    So creating thousands of jobs is not a good thing?
    Today, 11:46 AM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any new news on the MOAC...By the way, where did that thread go?

Comment

Galion applied to the MOAC on 1/12.

Comment

Originally posted by paladin View Post
        Galion applied to the MOAC on 1/12.
        So much for the Three team solidarity pact...

Comment

100% Solid Information
          Upper Sandusky has been asked to replace Ridgedale and (assuming they accept) will be in the MOAC West with River Valley, Pleasant, North Union, Buckeye Valley, Fairbanks and Jonathon Alder. Elgin will be in the East with Highland, Cardington, Mt. Gilead, Northmor, Fredericktown and Centerburg.

This makes two 7 team divisions and wouldn't work in football as the East teams do not want to crossover for games during their conference bye week (7 teams mean you have 3 games and a bye each week which could be solved by playing the bye week team in the other division but they won't do it). Therefore, 2 more teams are being invited to the league....one team per division. Not sure if I am allowed to say who they are yet so I am editing them out for now but I will say one is northeast of Marion and the other is east of I-71.

Looks like the MOAC will be a 16 team conference pretty quickly.
          Last edited by wallpass; 01-30-2012, 01:10 PM.

Comment

The Northern Buckeye Conference will remain in tact for next year as the league issued a joint statement a day or so ago stating that the eight schools are happy with the league and will be moving forward with all members remaining in the league. There had been some jj conjecture about this team and that team leaving but as it turns out, evidently those rumors were just that and no changes will impact the league for 2012-2013.

Comment

Elgin in the East?.... that wont go over well... some folks from Elgin didnt want JA in cause of travel. See how well this works out...

Comment

Originally posted by wallpass View Post
                100% Solid Information
                Upper Sandusky has been asked to replace Ridgedale and (assuming they accept) will be in the MOAC West with River Valley, Pleasant, North Union, Buckeye Valley, Fairbanks and Jonathon Alder. Elgin will be in the East with Highland, Cardington, Mt. Gilead, Northmor, Fredericktown and Centerburg.

This makes two 7 team divisions and wouldn't work in football as the East teams do not want to crossover for games during their conference bye week (7 teams mean you have 3 games and a bye each week which could be solved by playing the bye week team in the other division but they won't do it). Therefore, 2 more teams are being invited to the league....one team per division. Not sure if I am allowed to say who they are yet so I am editing them out for now but I will say one is northeast of Marion and the other is east of I-71.

Galion and East Knox would fit those descriptions. But what if the Richland County thing comes to frutation? It's bigger schools than Galion, but it's teams they already play and all are within 25 miles. Galion to Fairbanks and JA is an absolute haul and you have zero history with those two schools.

If East Knox goes, it's a blow to Danville. East Knox would have to accept though as they are left with nothing else.

Comment

It is Elgin that wants the East division. As far as travel goes it makes a lot more sense for them to be in the West but they don't feel like they will be able to compete in that division as their district continues to shrink in student numbers.

Comment

^^^ Wallpass is absolutely right about Elgin wanting to be in the small division plus Highland. That is why they tried to get in the Northern 10 league with Ridgedale.

Comment

Originally posted by wallpass View Post
                      100% Solid Information

Then why not two 8 team leagues?

Comment

The MOAC is now pursuing Galion for the large division and East Knox for the small division plus Highland for two 8 team divisions.

Comment

Heard East Knox has been asked and accepted. Still crossing t's and dotting i's.

Comment

So if it is Galion & E. Knox? is Elgin still goin to be in the East division?..

I still believe when Elgin's new HS gets built, the #'s will go up after 3-5 years..

Comment

Originally posted by paladin View Post
                              Then why not two 8 team leagues?
                              That would be to easy.. :P

Comment

It's a no-brainer for East Knox. It's that or life as an independent.

Comment

Working...
                                X