No announcement yet.
Licking County League Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• dorciepatrick
    Reply to A thread about anything you want it to be about
    dorciepatrick
    I'm always skeptical about charges like this. However, I'm surprised that people are -- without any basis in fact -- already accusing the alleged victims of having nefarious motives without even considering...
    Today, 05:35 PM
  • jbsk327
    Reply to Top Teams in the District
    jbsk327
    Alwayslearning is an assistant under the great Miranda!
    Today, 05:27 PM
  • IndianFan
    Reply to Hall out as Massillon coach
    IndianFan
    Coach Killers.... the name we dubbed for really athletic kids that couldn't/wouldn't focus in meetings and film, gave less than everything in practice because their athletic ability allowed them to compete...
    Today, 05:25 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If two new members were coming why not Newark and maybe Centerburg?

Comment

• Centerburg is a perfect fit if they feel like joining... heck part - if a tiny part - of their district is in licking county

Newark won't join and makes zero sense... even if you talk to Newark folks who like the idea the concept is that they'd come in and be able to win again (against much smaller schools)... but once they started winning they'd quickly want back out...
      plus sports like Basketball would be hurt big time

Originally posted by The FC Fan View Post

They're in a perfect league for soccer, tennis, and golf, which are pretty big there. They're not a big football school but they'll compete well with Madison Plains, London, and Academy and basketball they do fine in. Why would they want to throw that all away just to play Northridge, Utica, and Lakewood (again)? Conversely, you think the AD's in northern and eastern Licking County will be big on inviting a school that is inside the 270? Some of those hypothetical trips would end up being 80 miles round trip, which could end up being a lot of money for Utica, which I thought was part of the reason the _Licking County_ League came back.
      They actually fit better with and will be challenged more by Granville and Watkins than teams like Academy and Grandview...
      but let's not forget that soccer you play more than half your games NONLEAGUE so it matters little

remember if you are adding a couple schools to both "divisions" you would be eliminating the crossover games... so you aren't playing the smaller schools in league (so why would they play Northridge and Utica?

And why would the ADs in Licking Valley and Lakewood (eastern licking county) be upset over the size of Bexley?

How would the size of schools in a league of LV, Granville, Lakewood, LH, Watkins, Mt Vernon, WH and Bexley be an issue?

Or w/ Utica, Northridge, Johnstown, Heath, NC, Centerburg and say East Knox and Fredricktown?

Comment

• Yeah I don't think I mentioned size as an issue holding back Bexley, but travel time and distance to cover (citing the fact Bexley is inside the outerbelt). I really doubt Bexley is better off playing Granville (who yes, they are good at soccer) once/twice and Watkins for soccer as opposed to noted D3 powers Academy, Bexley, and Worthington Christian in the country club sports, but oh well you must know more than me.

Comment

• Again... in the "country club sports" you play fewer league games than non-league games so why can't they still play academy, Bexley and Worthington Christian?

you also seem to be confusing soccer with the rest of the country club sports... Bexley doesn't play lacross, field hockey or tennis in the MSL... they play in the cofhl for field hockey for example... why would that have to change if they don't want it to? Why would they have to drop CA, WC and Gview again??? (WC and Gview don't field FH or lacross teams)... while I'm not sure how excited they are to play GCCS,

third get an atlas... Licking Heights for example is almost the exact same distance as Grove City Christian (who is in the MSL Ohio for soccer) from Bexley HS... Granville almost exactly the same as London... Licking Valley just a few miles more than Maddison Plains(4)...

and if you think they are worried about travel you aren't looking at their schedule... which again they could keep the much smaller Grandview, WC, GCCS and cA on the schedule and play and drop games with JA, FC, BV, ZT, Lexington or Westfall
          heck their FH team plays in Dayton and Cincinnati

Heck you could have CA or WC join in soccer if you want since MP doesn't field a boys soccer team and Whitehall doesn't field a girls team.. and the other Country club sports aren't in the MSL... and can't emphasize enough that they played 16 regular season games... 7 league games and 9 non league games... (assuming everyone fields a team which doesn't typically happen with the teams in their league)

Bexley wouldn't hesitate to join... neither would Whitehall... they didn't want to leave those schools in the first place and this would be an even better match

the question is would the LC teams want them?
          obviously they'd likely prefer the MVL teams but I don't see any of them breaking off from that league
          Last edited by buckeyedan; 09-01-2014, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by buckeyedan View Post
            Again... in the "country club sports" you play fewer league games than non-league games so why can't they still play academy, Bexley and Worthington Christian?

you also seem to be confusing soccer with the rest of the country club sports... Bexley doesn't play lacross, field hockey or tennis in the MSL... they play in the cofhl for field hockey for example... why would that have to change if they don't want it to? Why would they have to drop CA, WC and Gview again??? (WC and Gview don't field FH or lacross teams)... while I'm not sure how excited they are to play GCCS,

third get an atlas... Licking Heights for example is almost the exact same distance as Grove City Christian (who is in the MSL Ohio for soccer) from Bexley HS... Granville almost exactly the same as London... Licking Valley just a few miles more than Maddison Plains(4)...

and if you think they are worried about travel you aren't looking at their schedule... which again they could keep the much smaller Grandview, WC, GCCS and cA on the schedule and play and drop games with JA, FC, BV, ZT, Lexington or Westfall
            heck their FH team plays in Dayton and Cincinnati

Heck you could have CA or WC join in soccer if you want since MP doesn't field a boys soccer team and Whitehall doesn't field a girls team.. and the other Country club sports aren't in the MSL... and can't emphasize enough that they played 16 regular season games... 7 league games and 9 non league games... (assuming everyone fields a team which doesn't typically happen with the teams in their league)

Bexley wouldn't hesitate to join... neither would Whitehall... they didn't want to leave those schools in the first place and this would be an even better match

the question is would the LC teams want them?
            obviously they'd likely prefer the MVL teams but I don't see any of them breaking off from that league
            Sure, that's fair... but I'm not sure the LC teams would want them, that's a big thing to consider ya know. I'm pretty sure Bexley plays in the MSL-Ohio (or some conglomeration that thereof incorporating MSL-Ohio schools) for tennis, and yes there are fewer league games than non-league games, but gotta remember that Academy and even Bexley travel far to play the "best of the best" in tennis such as Mason, St. John's, Walsh etc. As far as I remember, only Watkins and G-Ville have tennis among LCL schools, while G-Ville is very good at tennis, Watkins is not.

Comment

• Don't know if it's the MSL Ohio or not... they(girls this fall) do play CA, London, Whitehall, Grandview and Worthington Christian... as well as Granville and Watkins... Hilliard Darby, Wellington, UA, Pick Central and Hilliard Davidson... along with CSG AND the CSG invitational... so again since Whitehall would be along for the ride and they already play Gville and Watkins... that's a pretty minimal change that they could simply turn into non-league games... and sure they travel for non-league games... why would that have to change...

again if you offered Bexley and Whitehall they'd take it in a second...
              it comes down to if t he LCL teams would offer...
              BUT if the LCL does want to go to 8 big and 8 small... the six additional teams have to come from somewhere...

Comment

• Who would be the fringe schools betwen the big and small line? Heath?

Comment

• Probably... Heath, Utica and Johnstown are all about the same and not much different than LV...
                  Heath going open enrollment likely will increase enrollment some - particularly from Newark (and not jut talking sports - there are areas of Newark where you are much closer to heath schools than a Newark school (the "triangle" south of the rail road tracks)... same with from the Lakewood district (houses on the roads off thornwood for example..

Heath or Johnstown would probably be willing to move up if they were adding mostly small schools... with the former MBC teams like centerburg always possible... (and centerburg actually has a part of their district in licking county)

Last edited by buckeyedan; 09-06-2014, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• And so it begins...
                    year three and they will split big and small in most sports... and won't count cross-over games in football...
                    we already are going from "we put this together to cut down travel and play rivals" to "we just need flexibility..."

Comment

Working...
                    X