Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on who the commissioner is?

Comment

• Originally posted by gamauter View Post
      So 3 crossovers are bad but Johnstown is scheduling 5?
      That is what I heard they will try to do... but I do not know if it s 100% confirmed... the other teams would have to agree

Comment

• Originally posted by htsbuzzfan View Post
        Any news on who the commissioner is?
        Would either mbc or msl Ohio commish be candidates?

Comment

• I figured the northern schools would try to schedule EK and Danville for non league.

Comment

• Utica won't being D-II. The others may since they're D-IV.

Comment

• In football Utica is D4 as well

Comment

• ^^^^Wow, I'm surprised by that.

Comment

• keep the money in licking county for the athletic budgets. i love the 3 crossover games and 5 wouldnt bother me either.

Comment

• If lc teams played more teams out of county that are in their regions and won those games instead of the crossover would more $ be made through playoff games?

Comment

• ^^^ OHSAA takes all gate profits from playoff games. If schools pre-sale they get a small portion of that. The state does allow the schools to keep parking and consession profits.

Comment

• Plus the reason the LCL is getting back. Together is to get bigger crowds and. Shorter travel. If we play more non league games we most likely
                        Travel father.

Bexley academy and whitehall braught no one to newark
                        And the LCl teams will.

Comment

• yeah but the reason teams agreed to get back together so you do not have the small DIV-DV schools all playing 3-5 games of D2-D3 games. One mandatory crossover game is enough. Let the schools choose to opt out of the other 2-4 games if they choose.

Comment

• 3 games is the min. Look at johnstown
                            Who already plays granville, and lakewood in
                            Nonleague it doesnt bother them.

Northridge will struggle no matter who they.play.

I saw they are playing lakewood next year.

Finding 5 non league games would not be easy.
                            Give it a chance in stead of downgrading it
                            57chevy

Comment

• I'm not trying to downgrade it. I totally understand the value and economical sense it makes for everyone. But I think it's going to make it difficult for smaller schools to make the playoffs even when they may deserve to make it. Maybe with the 7th division it will help some, but think about a couple of years ago Alexander made the playoffs and Heath blew them out by 50 when Jtown was sitting at home and lost to heath by 5 and Heath gave state champ Hartley all they could handle and then some. Heath has had this issue over the years being in the MSL, they couldn't win enough games in a tough league to get into the playoffs even though they were talented enough

Comment

• 57chevy: you should give Hartley a call and get them on the schedule one of the first three weeks. Then you wouldn't worry about 'what ifs' and could prove it on the field.

Also, Hartley beat Heath by 2 scores In 2010. I don't know what you consider giving a team 'all they can handle and then some.'
                                Last edited by Hartley Football; 05-09-2012, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X