Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
MaxPreps Special: Twinsburg beats Reynoldsburg in match-up of national powers Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Nate Whisner
    Reply to Johnstown Johnnies 27 Heath Bulldogs 7
    Nate Whisner
    I believe I have heard some of the same rumblings from people close to the program as well.
    Today, 01:56 PM
  • KentonGrad76
    Watch Out for Kenton
    KentonGrad76
    With Coach Mauk retiring last year I did not know if Kenton would made playoffs this year. Well they did. They won their game with a last second field goal. Can you believe it! Yes, a field goal. First...
    Today, 01:55 PM
  • cthelites
    Reply to Week 9 OCC Championship week part one
    cthelites
    Those injuries were from huge decleating hits. Very sloppy game from both sides. Darby needs to clean up the penalties most of which were pretty bogus(targeting and interference) but at least they didn't...
    Today, 01:54 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxPreps Special: Twinsburg beats Reynoldsburg in match-up of national powers

In what was billed as a match-up of Ohio's top two teams and two of the country's best post players, Friday's Division I OHSAA girls basketball state semifinal between nationally ranked Reynoldsburg and Twinsburg was decided by guard play.

Specifically the play of Twinsburg guards Ashley Morrissette and Leah Fechko.

Before a crowd of 5,213 inside Ohio State's Schottenstein Center, Morrissette and Fechko combined for 33 points as Twinsburg, ranked No. 18 in the MaxPreps Xcellent 25, held off undefeated and No. 11 ranked Reynoldsburg 49-41. The game was tied 32-32 after three quarters.

Twinsburg featured the nation's No. 1 senior post player and Maryland recruit Malina Howard, while Reynoldsburg countered with the country's top 2014 post prospect in Alyssa Rice.

Morrissette and Fechko stole the show.

COMPLETE STORY

Twinsburg defense and experience a little to much for reynoldsburg in this game.Reynoldsburg returns 4 starters and should be one of the favorites to win the state next year.
    Last edited by rawtalent; 03-18-2012, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Fairmont would have to be THE favorite at this point with all five starters back, but the Lady Raiders may me the second choice. Let's hope they don't meet in the semi-final.

Comment

by the way, anyone gonna talk about how morisette threw down welch in yesterdays final...no class whatsoever...

Comment

Working...
        X