Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Reset/FInd Your Username and Password

JJHuddle members...can't remember your username or password? Get it again here and now. Just click the following link to reset your password and/or get your username: http://www.jjhuddle.com/forums/lostpw
See more
See less
Competitive Balance Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• bird
    Comment on Cincinnati Reds 2014
    bird
    assail, v.
    1. To attack vigorously, violently; assault.
    2. To attack with arguments, criticism, ridicule, slander

Responding to your prediction, I made the following comments:...
    Today, 03:49 PM
  • Gunner15
    Reply to Summer 7 on 7's
    Gunner15
    Coffman won the State tourney, 5th at National select and won theirs last weekend. A ton of nice players. Two qbs who are both very good.
    Today, 03:41 PM
  • dses
    Comment on Mid Ohio Athletic Conference 2014
    dses
    Centerburg might be in the mid 30's. Low in numbers, big on talent. They'll make a run at division/playoffs
    Today, 03:37 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competitive Balance

OHSAA is at it again to try to control the masses...
    [url]http://www.ohsaa.org/news/board/CompetitiveBalanceRelease3-30-12.pdf

As a coach at a small private school I am not against this. It would surely help our school out in many sports. I still do not like the socioeconomic factor however.

Comment

everyone will get free lunches soon

Comment

My son's d-2 team would benefit from the free lunch numbers but I do not see how it relates to soccer participation. Our youth leagues will allow a player to play for free if the family can not afford it. Our problem is apathy from all the kids and it has no correlation to how much their family makes.

Comment

It does relate to soccer participation.

It all comes around to making things "fair" and/or "equal." It could be looked at as giving kids the opportunity to participate MORE. Does it make much sense to have a team in a poor community to always compete in the postseason with wealthier suburbian teams? A team comprised of poorer players may have a harder time competing with those who are more well-to-do.

I know my alma mater has a hard time competing at the state level in DII. They are extremely poor with 43+% of the school being on free and reduced lunches. How can they compete on a "level playing field" in DII with some of those Columbus schools? If the free and reduced lunches drops the team down to DIII, they may be afforded the opportunity to play MORE games in the postseason. It's possible. I understand that "competitive balance" the OHSAA is going for.

It's tough. It'll be hard to get going. I don't know if they have the "right" things in place to actually make it "fair" and/or "equal." There'll still be complaints IF this passes. I don't see it settling anything.

Comment

lets have 605 divisions of 1

Comment

On OHSAA there is a document that projects how this would all play out and it is stupid. For example in Central Ohio DIII soccer Bloom Carroll would move up to DII but Worthington Christian who has been in 4 consecutive state finals would not. What is the point?

Comment

the numbers on the OH$AA site are just for discussion .. they are not actual numbers especially for the enrollment... but they are pretty close.... the social econ factor is really skewing all over the place.. and the tradition factors are really incorrect... since the egghand ball got their 7th division a lot of people are going to vote no on this issue... then the enrollment numbers will move schools ...as usual

Comment

Not to worry... At least our whole school will be in D2
                  Then except for football (d5) andbaseball (d3)....so bring it on.

Comment

There is no formula that will provide competitive balance. It will just shuffle the deck.

Comment

Working...
                    X