X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All District Lists a Joke

Maybe I'm just naive but I always though post season awards for all District etc.would go to the best players. After seeing the Central All District lists this is obviously not the case. Can someone on the inside enlighten me as to how these lists are composed? After seeing these lists I'm assuming its political, or the result of how much coaches lobby for their players. I look at the D3 All Central list and it makes no sense, with some of the best players that I have seen play omitted and players on teams that I've seen play make the list who when it comes to soccer skill shouldn't even be on the honorable mention list over the players that weren't selected. What's up with that?

Link?

Comment

Originally posted by ringer View Post
      Link?

Don't have a link. Saw the Central District list in the Dispatch this past week.

Comment

Originally posted by ripmeister View Post
        Maybe I'm just naive but I always though post season awards for all District etc.would go to the best players. After seeing the Central All District lists this is obviously not the case. Can someone on the inside enlighten me as to how these lists are composed? After seeing these lists I'm assuming its political, or the result of how much coaches lobby for their players. I look at the D3 All Central list and it makes no sense, with some of the best players that I have seen play omitted and players on teams that I've seen play make the list who when it comes to soccer skill shouldn't even be on the honorable mention list over the players that weren't selected. What's up with that?
        It depends on the setup of the nominations. Typically, coaches nominate players for awards and the rest of the coaches vote. When players are nominated, there are also "stats" or "reasons" declared by the coach so others know why a player should be voted.

It is hard to tell why some players don't make it. It could be reasons unknown to the general public -- i.e., not nominated for numerous reasons, didn't see enough District teams to warrant votes, didn't play well against other District opponents, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X