Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
1 of 2 < >

National Guard, Bucknuts to Sponsor Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/06/n...e-week-awards/
2 of 2 < >

Reset/FInd Your Username and Password

JJHuddle members...can't remember your username or password? Get it again here and now. Just click the following link to reset your password and/or get your username: http://www.jjhuddle.com/forums/lostpw
See more
See less
Archbold Upsets Elida Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Homer Falcon
    Reply to The situation in Ferguson, Missouri
    Homer Falcon
    Cities? I believe you're talking about the Democrat plantations...and the answer is, all of them.

You people have enslaved minorities by breaking up their families, ruining their educations,...
    Today, 07:37 AM
  • justalurker
    Reply to 2014 Ohio Heritage Conference Scrimmages/Preseason
    justalurker
    Sad to see Triad and Cedarville have numbers so low after both having such great seasons. Im sure their coaches were hoping to have playoff teams bump up their numbers.

Don't think I'll...
    Today, 07:33 AM
  • Lancer '65
    Reply to Cincinnati Reds 2014
    Lancer '65
    Phillips is a key ingredient in the team's success and while the jury is probably still out on his impact on baseball in general, the Reds need him in the line-up on a regular basis to be a serious contender...
    Today, 07:30 AM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archbold Upsets Elida

Archbold was the underdog going into it. Seriously, freaking unbelievable. Archbold hit from outside, inside, free throws, great defense, weird bounces, offensive fouls against Elida.

It was incredible. It's been a long time since I've been able to experience this feeling of upsetting a team and being a huge underdog, ESPECIALLY when we were down 15 at halftime and Archbold went in being 65% from the free throw line.

Way to go Bluestreaks, they gave everything that had in that game. Elida was awesome as well. That Matthias kid is a freaking beast and their other guards were excellent tonight as well.

Wonderful atmosphere and game.

How about Zeb Frank? Scores 0 in the first half and 21 in the second half to help lead the comeback.

Comment

Frank was amazing. I wasn't expecting that type of game from him. And he finally hit free throws tonight. It had been a long time since I hoped he would get fouled so he could shoot. And Dietrich was PERFECT from the line tonight. He came into tonight being 63.5%. The announcers for Elida, thought they got the wrong stat sheet, because of how well he played. I also have to give it up to Taylor Price, whose first game was last night after breaking his toe before the season started, and he hit a monster three pointer near the end. That gave Archbold the momentum they needed. So proud of that kid for coming back and giving his best, even on limited time.

Comment

Dietrch wasn't perfect from the line. One rimmed out, but the whole team shot free throws exceptionally well tonight - better than I have seen in a long time, maybe several years.
        Here is my big question of the night: Why in the world does Elida allow their fans to sit in the section that is supposedly for visiting fans? There were plenty of empty seats in other sections. Number one, it would be a courtesy they could show to the people who drive nearly an hour and a half to see the game, and number two, if they allow this for every game, they are asking for trouble when a couple loudmouths decide to be stupid.

Comment

Oh yeah, you're right. For some reason I was thinking of Evan Wyse's shot that went up and banked off and went in. We were sitting by all Archbold fans, so I didn't even realize they were allowing Elida fans to sit in the visitor section. Were the Elida fans or Archbold fans being loudmouths? I mean I know we can get crazy, but I've never seen us be too bad.

Comment

Where I was sitting (with Elida fans in front and behind me), it wasn't bad. The guy behind me was very friendly and actually aploogized for a student who had to be removed. However, if this seating arrangement happens when they play a big rival, I can see major trouble. I've seen it before, and it doesn't take much sometimes for people to act stupidly in the heat of battle.
            Oh yea, and for Evan's banked in free throw, the Elida students were yelling "brick, brick, brick" and I think Evan thought they were calling "bank." But the kids played a great game, especially the second half. They could have packed it in -- down by 15 at half after a last second 3-pointer.

Comment

Sounds like Frank and Dietrich are carrying the Streaks this year. Are they as good of 1-2 punch as Goering and Smith or even Morton and Fricke?

Comment

Nah. Dietrich is doing most of the work honestly. Last night was the first night Frank even looked good. Before that he wasn't scoring 4 per game and was missing nearly every three point goal he took. Tyson Schnitkey scored 15 on Friday, when Frank only scored two points. Archbold has been really inconsistent with scoring. When Dietrich has an off game, Archbold is in major trouble.

Comment

Archbold 70, Elida 68 (OT)

Comment

great atmosphere !

Comment

Working...
                    X