Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

National Guard, Bucknuts to Sponsor Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/06/n...e-week-awards/
See more
See less
2012-2013 Lancaster Golden Gales Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012-2013 Lancaster Golden Gales

WIth a painful football season coming to an end for the Gales it's time to talk basketball. What are some thoughts or things people might be hearing about this years team? This will be Coach Truex's first season as head coach. Will the coach be able to bring back the Gale Force program to what it was under Greathouse's reign as head coach? I did see that Chad McKnight is on the staff as a varsity assistant which I believe could be a great help with the teams post play. Hopefully we get a lot of numbers out at every level to start getting the program built back up

I just can't see this group winning many more games than last year.There really isn't nuch talent there or upcoming for that matter.I believe it will be several more years before they make any noise what so ever.Every team down to 7th grade struggled.Not looking promising as of now for LHS.

Comment

I'm hopeful the boys enjoy themselves and believe we will see improvement. I don't know the exact figure but I think they averaged something like 29 points a game the last few years. Coach Truex has them taking a quicker shot and running. Not sure that translates into more wins but should make for an improvement. Also Isaiah Dexter is playing this year, I hear he's a bit rusty but his athleticism makes up for it. Not sure how big of a difference he makes, but it's nice to see kids who have not played the last couple years decide to come back.

Sure would be nice to hear some positives about the kids and the team from some people.

Comment

they will be somewhat better. will be well coached n play excited! it will take time to get it back n it s hard to wait. good luck gales

Comment

Rapture,
          What do numbers look like this year? Any kids come back that could make an impact other than dexter? It would be nice if we could just have full rosters at each level so practices could be more competitive.

Comment

Will they be big?

Comment

no. ave size, good pt guard, play hard,good coach! their league is tough, so many bumps in the road. good luck gales!

Comment

Lancaster should have descent size..6'7", 6'5" in the post, 6'2", 6'3" at foward. Not the tallest team out there but if the young men i think are playing are in fact playing should be some pretty good athletes on this team. The trick is getting their jump shots to drop and being able to execute an offense. Anyone have any word on numbers out for the program this year?

Comment

An easier non-conference schedule may help the Gales this year. They've been getting better every year, and I wouldn't be surprised if they got close to 10 wins. I've heard good things about Coach Truex so far, as well.

Comment

Unless its changed there are 12 fr, 12 jv and 12 varsity so numbers are up. As for size, not bad Thomas is 6'7 Trout at 6'6 in the post. I hear they scored pretty well in the shootout over the weekend so hopefully scouting is up. I know it was a point of emphasis for the new coach. As for those new, the biggest name is dex. The rest of the varsity is I believe
                    Albanese
                    McCandlish
                    Justice
                    Sharp
                    Blade
                    Miller
                    Hamilton
                    Ricketts
                    Pierce

Comment

Things are sounding promising from that post. Glad to see sharp back out this season. As a freshman and sophomore i felt he was a valuable addition coming off the bench. Always played aggressive and got up and down the court quick. Seeing the numbers back up should help the competition in practice.

Comment

Coach Truex will start the progress toward a decent level of high school basketball. But, it won't happen overnight. Look for them to win 6 or 7 games this season, and don't crucify him if they only win 4 or 5.

Comment

I see them winning more than 6 or 7. They won that many last year.

Comment

Well the start of the regular season is quickly approaching. Any new info anyone would like to share?

Comment

What is their OOC schedule (with times and dates)?

If Lancaster needs an easier OOC, they seriously should look to one of the smaller Fairfield County schools, maybe even Fisher or FCA. Of course, I think we know what the outcome would be, but I think it would be neat. There aren't often many opportunities for these schools a mile apart from each other on 37 to play, and basketball may be a good one.

Comment

Working...
                              X