Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Reset/FInd Your Username and Password

JJHuddle members...can't remember your username or password? Get it again here and now. Just click the following link to reset your password and/or get your username: http://www.jjhuddle.com/forums/lostpw
See more
See less
Northern Lakes League Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree about AW. You might argue that with conklin AW might have had more actual talent last season. They made a huge coaching upgrade. Are there any coaching changes in the nll this offseason? Doesn't seem like there would be any this year.

Comment

2011 I agree Conklin was a huge loss but the younger players stepped in this year and did very well, you could argue the younger players wouldnt have been as good if not for the new coach but I dont know enough about A-W's program at the lower levels to be sure.

Comment

talk about undisciplined how bout joplins latest news flash(back). still think springfield administration knows what their doing

Comment

So what's the latest with Joplin?

Comment

Joplin was hired strictly by the Principal Gwin (good ole Toledo Rocket Boys)....Joplin and Cross have been gone for over four and two years at the University of Toledo, but there wonderful legacy (sarcasm) is still effecting the Basketball program with its poor grades and undisciplined programs when they were in charge. The B-Ball Men’s program has been stripped of three games and no post season tournaments for 2013.

Prediction: Joplin will coach one more year then he will quit "I need to spend more time in my Administration job at Springfield"

Comment

Must be a great administrator! If he goes one more year he will have that program buried in the league. They seemed to get worse as the season went. If it's true that Gwin made this call, I wonder how he feels about it now.

Comment

I think it's interesting that a public school would hire him as an administrator considering the article today said his last team had a 1.0 GPA. How does that even happen? Gene Cross almost tripled the teams GPA and it still was not good. On top of that, most of us have heard how there was not an interview process for that basketball job and I am assuming not an interview process for the administrator job either. These interesting decisions are not looking any better after a horrible season and now more information about his academic problems at ut. Was it purely a good ole boy hire?

Comment

you betcha. gwin (especially) and the entire administrative staff need to go. have done nothing but make poor coaching decisions and now there may be a teachers strike pending in the near future.

Comment

what other Coaching hires are you Talking about? Gwozdz, Whitmire, Nagle, Carroll, Rietz, Gooch? Maybe you're talking about Marrow, except he was by far the most Qualified Candidate that applied at the time. Materni was hired because A. very late in the year to hire a new coach and B. they wanted to continue with the progress and some continuity in the program.

Comment

Guy at work told me today that Joplin has applied for a college job up in Michigan somewhere. Anyone know anything?

Comment

I have not heard that. College job? The problem I see with Gwin is he wants to get credit for catching the biggest fish for any coaching opening, instead of what is actually a good fit. Marrow was a huge hire, but didn't fit as he took his first chance for greener grass. When he left he set that program back a couple years. Did they win a league game this year? (I know alexander hurt). I feel like Joplin is the same thing, a big name. Anyone who followed ut basketball, can read the blade, saw him at ut as a "student athlete" that would go to class every once in a while. (I had a class with him, didn't know until about the 5th week when he started making occasional appearances), or saw his son be ineligible, knows how much he cares about academics. I know kids do kid stuff. That isn't always the parents fault, but how hard is it to get some decent grades? There is no way he should be an administrator at a public school. Gwin gets to get the big hire, and I think people are catching on that he isn't a good fit.

Comment

Why would Joplin leave? He makes a ton of money and and apparently has a lotof support from the high ups there.

Comment

Originally posted by NLLRAM View Post
                            what other Coaching hires are you Talking about? Gwozdz, Whitmire, Nagle, Carroll, Rietz, Gooch? Maybe you're talking about Marrow, except he was by far the most Qualified Candidate that applied at the time. Materni was hired because A. very late in the year to hire a new coach and B. they wanted to continue with the progress and some continuity in the program.
                            vince morrow was not a qualified candidate. he went 3-7 with good material and was payed a large salary even though he was not a certified teacher. all he did was tell everyone how good they were and how they were division 1 prospects.

Comment

Not qualified huh? DI College asst. Nfl europe Asst. if that dont Qualify you to be a HS Coach what does? As I said MOST QUALIFIED APPLICANT.
                              You're right they prob. should have been 5-5. with a better staff they could have been better. He spent alot of time coaching his coaches as well.
                              This does not mean i think Joplin was the best person for their job, as a matter of fact i think Coach Mal. or Coach McClure would have been better suited for the position.

Comment

Marrow has a big resume for sure. In time one would have to think he would have been successful.
                                I have heard many people around the league say that coach Mal or coach Carroll would have been the right choice. If I'm not mistaken Coach Mal was with the Jr High this year and Coach Carroll went to the girls program. I am pretty sure Coach McClure is in the program now too. Can anyone verify?

Comment

Working...
                                X