Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

National Guard, Bucknuts Sponsoring Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/27/n...-and-nominate/
See more
See less
Lancaster Basketball 2011-12 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If one of the McKnight's can be a player / coach fine, if not we need to hire a good solid coach with ties to the school and/or program. This next hire is very important, he must be the right guy or our long standing proud basketball program at Lancaster could continue to slide somewhere no one wants to see.

Comment

• Sorry...No McKnights, Truex's, Davis'...this is going outside and they have to bring in a "name." As I said before, it's going to be a house cleaning because AG (after Greathouse) there has been no success. The junior high coaches, assistant coaches haven't changed much and they will certainly. Greathouse will be the new Super and Bosser goes to the "hot seat." Programs there will COMPETE...not lose by crazy amounts or they won't be coaching there. People don't have to think very far back to when programs there won OCC and District Championships. Kudos to wrestling and track...the others...watch out

Comment

• Interesting take bigtimecharlie, I'm curious - won't it be hard to hire a coach and replace the entire staff? Don't get me wrong, many of the existing coaches have to go. There is one in Jr high that people seem to love who is absolutely horrible and the things he's said to 7th grade boys should get him fired. However, it's going to be hard enough to find one good coach, how do you replace 8 or 9?

Comment

• Bigtimecharlie - you are sorely mistaken. The entire staff except for Behrens, Truex, and Davis is new in the last several years, from top to bottom. Besides Behrens, the middle school coaches all have been there fewer than 3 years. The same goes for Eversole (JV) and Swartz (Freshman). Truex is also relatively new. There is no need for a house cleaning. The coaches are excellent and know what they are doing. Give it time.

Comment

• Wow!
            Here is an opinion from the outside looking in. I truly don't have a "horse in the race."
            I have only seen them play a couple of times. I saw them because I was actually watching the other team they play. I heard this guy was pretty arrogant...that, of course, can be said of a lot of coaches. The Gales teams I saw shocked me with their lack of athleticism. I couldn't believe a Lancaster school had so little talent. I haven't read back in the posts, so maybe I'm repeating, but could it just be that they have a down cycle in talent right now?

Maybe this guy chased off great players (although truly great players would never be chased off) but I am guessing he is a victim of bad timing.

Comment

• The two first interviews are both OUTSIDE people. Period. Now, some of you have hit the nail on the head. Lancaster has no talent to speak of but if the coaching staff can't develop "interested" kids, this will never get better. Other than Groveport (which makes worse coaching staff decisions than even Lancaster), Lancaster won't win in this league for years. Most players that are studs or studs to be in this league all play at a high level of AAU. Please, tell me one player from Lancaster that plays MAJOR AAU. Reynoldsburg, Gahanna, Grove City, Newark, North and Central ALL have multiple kids playing on the nationwide circuit so the cycle is going to continue. North will move down to third from the bottom because of very few players. The OCC for the next couple of years will continue to run through Newark, Reynoldsburg, Gahanna and of course, Central, who returns 4 of their top 6, if Charlton returns and doesn't graduate early. Bess plays for King James and Tate joined Kern on All-Ohio Red. The truth is, many folks, those guys included, are playing in Milwaukee this weekend and haven't stopped playing. It's just not going to change for the Gales, no matter who comes in...for quite some time.

Comment

• Mr. Greathouse needs to take the lead on this search and find the right guy. The bad karma in the Golden Gales basketball program started when he left our once in a lifetime team (2004 - 2006) which had the talent to win at LEAST one State Title to Mr. Coffman instead of one of many top coaches who would have loved to take over that team when all the top talent were still sophomores and freshmen.

Comment

• Coach Coffman is a great guy but some coaches are assistane coaches and some are head coaches and he's one of them. Greathouse did a nice job here and will make sure the next hire is not a mistake. With Hester graduating, there is no talent. This is a LONG TERM job and the people Lancaster is talking to but AT LEAST one of the two first interviews aren't sure it can be done. He might be right...

Comment

• I agree. The "fans" in Lancaster need to realize that it will take MORE THAN THREE YEARS to rebuild Lancaster Basketball. The junior academy is now in place, which was an absolutely necessity. It's time for us to get behind a coach that is looking to continue the rebuilding that already began under Coach Hites.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigtimecharlie View Post
                      AT LEAST one of the two first interviews aren't sure it can be done. He might be right...
                      Are you saying they've actually started interviewing? Any leads on who?

Comment

• Three days and no new info? bigtimecharlie, they interviewed two already? Good candidates yet?

Comment

• I hope whoever they get to take over the coaching is a better pr person than coach hites was because if your going to take three plus years to rebuild a program you better sell yourself to the parents and community and make lots of friends quick and that will buy you more time to get things turned around.

Comment

• Originally posted by sportfan97 View Post
                            I hope whoever they get to take over the coaching is a better pr person than coach hites was because if your going to take three plus years to rebuild a program you better sell yourself to the parents and community and make lots of friends quick and that will buy you more time to get things turned around.
                            sportfan97 - I don't mean to be arguementative, but as a parent of someone in the program I don't care if the coach sells himself to me or not. In fact, I think a fair amount of the problems we have at LHS are the parents. Some of the crap that parents get away with wouldn't go over at other schools. Can you imagine the kids in Pickerington looking into the stands to find out what "dad" wanted them to do and get coaching from parents? It happens at LHS. The parents are often too spoiled with getting their way from the horrible biddy program we have. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, regardless - I hope the coach sells himself to the kids and helps them enjoy their high school years as well as become competitive.

Comment

• almost all communities have problems with biddy and little league! hurts many varsity coaches down the road. mom n dads little boys n girls get passed by in high sch because they never got any better or only played cause the family member coached them,yet the varsity coach hears the whining! as for lancaster, i thought they made a mistake then in hiring an outsider or someone not familar with the b ball program. hopefully they hire a coach from the general area who understands the culture n tradtion of this once powerful program! good luck gales

Comment

• Rapture,
                                the points you make are kind of what I'm talking about with the coach selling himself to the parents. If he can get the parents to buy into the program and let him coach the kids the way they need to be coached without interference from the parents you won't have the kids looking into the stands. Not to mention its a lot easier to get the kids to buy into your system when the parents are on board with you.

Any word on the coaching search? I thought I heard at a OYB tournament in Newark over the weekend that interviews were starting this week

Comment

Working...
                                X