Coldwater names new head coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coldwater names new head coach

The Coldwater Board of Education approved the hiring of Nick Fisher as the next Varsity Boys Basketball Coach at Coldwater High School.

Coach Fisher is a 1986 graduate of Coldwater High School and played under Jim Niekamp. Nick had previous served 11 years as the Varsity Girls Basketball Coach and finished with 118 career wins. He guided the girls program to 6 District appearances and a Regional Runner Up. During his final 3 years as the girls coach, he led the Lady Cavs to 42 wins (14 wins per year).

Coach Fisher then left the girls program following the 2014 season to help with the Boys program serving as Varsity Assistant the past 2 years under Mike Bruns. During Coach Fishers 2 years as Varsity Assistant, the Cavaliers accumulated 25 wins and a District Final appearance and a 12-6 record in the MAC.

shocked that don vogt wasn't brought back !

Comment

Yep. Vogt was over .500 in his 4 years there. He also won a MAC title....something Bruns and Kanney couldn't do.

I hope you weren't taking a cheap shot at a decent coach and good guy, it's not your normal style, as far as I can recall....but I also can't really get a "feel" for your comment.

Comment

no shot . good guy, decent coach . hard to win at football schools !

Comment

Why wasn't Vogt brought back ?

Comment

Originally posted by Knite Flyer View Post
            Yep. Vogt was over .500 in his 4 years there. He also won a MAC title....something Bruns and Kanney couldn't do.

I hope you weren't taking a cheap shot at a decent coach and good guy, it's not your normal style, as far as I can recall....but I also can't really get a "feel" for your comment.
            Kanney had back to back winning seasons and a trip to the regional finals. Bruns, not Vogt , was the prior coach.

Comment

Originally posted by The RingLeader View Post
              no shot . good guy, decent coach . hard to win at football schools !
              That wasn't the problem. Bruns is a great coach. Football doesn't have the effect on basketball that some would believe, outside of a sluggish start. Coldwater compensates by scheduling league games a little later than most schools, as does the MAC. I think there's a change in philosophy. 45-50 point games won't bring fans....they don't deliver automatic wins and most importantly, they're not fully utilizing athletes. Successful teams , in the past, at Coldwater have shown the ability to rebound and run. Bruns didn't always have the horses to do this so he compensated with good team defense.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X