Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they scored 17 combined points.

Comment

They didn't even win districts last year with Dartis.

Comment

Dhartis a D2 prospect? You have lost your credibility. Dhartis will certainly get D1 offers. He does what is needed. You believe he cannot create his own shot? You must not watch him much. Dhartis is a much better player than you give him credit for. Newark has great coaching and real talent in Dhartis and Metzen. The great thing about the rest of the team is that they embrace their roles. Whatever that may be.

Comment

kid's name is dartis not dhartis. you sure you go to the games. kid stands in the corner and shoots threes. I actually go to the games.

Comment

I definitely go to the games. I stand by assessment. You have no credibility. NONE. You should keep going and maybe you might learn something.

Comment

From the Dispatch: "Dartis shot Pickerington Central out of its 2-3 zone defense with three three-pointers and 19 of his points in the first 12 minutes when Newark opened a 26-16 lead. He finished 9 of 15 from the field, with four threes, and made 10 of 12 free throws." Leads me to believe that in the first half he hit 3 threes. He scored 11 more points in the half. Some of them must not have been 3 balls. In fact the picture in the paper was of him driving to the basket. So what game were you watching? He also stole the ball in the waning moments indicating that he plays some defense. A very crucial turnover. Again what player were you watching? This kid is a player. A very good player. I am only pointing out how you blasted him and you were wrong in your assessment. You should just go to games and learn what is, and what is not a good player. You obviously do not have any idea. Going to the games and paying attention to what is happening is two different things.

Comment

Just curious jbsk327, what high school team do you follow? Can't imagine you being a Newark fan and hatin' on such a good player.

Comment

Newark sports should be a lot better than they are. Football has been down forever. Baseball has been down forever. Basketball should be better. The city is huge.

Comment

I am a fan of the reds. I am not big on Brandon Philips. He makes way to many base running mistakes. He does not do the little things to help win a game.

Comment

jbsk327, I attended NHS in the mid to late 70's and the student population has dropped significantly . I had nearly 700 students in my graduating class and only sophomores, juniors and seniors attended the school. Now, the freshman class also attends classes at the high school. I'm guessing that recent graduating classes are below 500 students and most likely closer to 400.

Comment

And basketball has always been " king " at the high school level. Quackenbush is the head basketball coach and athletic director so that will not change anytime soon.

Comment

So are a lot of other school systems. lots of these cities have several division 1 schools.

Comment

sorry jbsk327, if your son received a d-1 scholarship, dartis will certainly receive the d-1 offer he deserves. your son is a good high school player but not quite to Dartis' level. And he still has a year to go.

Comment

they expand d 1 schools. so not that impressive. he will probably be the next fuss cheatham.

Comment

kid at another school is getting d1 offer not even a starter on the team yet. so much for the dartis excitement.

Comment

Working...
                                X