Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
1 of 2 < >

National Guard, Bucknuts to Sponsor Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/06/n...e-week-awards/
2 of 2 < >

Reset/FInd Your Username and Password

JJHuddle members...can't remember your username or password? Get it again here and now. Just click the following link to reset your password and/or get your username: http://www.jjhuddle.com/forums/lostpw
See more
See less
Ohio Legion Deadlines Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Lancer '65
    Reply to Johnny Manziel
    Lancer '65
    The Browns need a winner. Not a whiner. I see very little benefit from drafting him. Originally, I thought it might be a good idea and would increase ticket sales and hopefully would also be a good decision...
    Today, 10:56 PM
  • bird
    Reply to Cincinnati Reds 2014
    bird
    Hey well at least this losing streak is putting fans out of their misery. The fact of the matter is that the Reds have been all but out of it ever since they broke out of the gate 2-10 after the All Star...
    Today, 10:55 PM
  • Lancer '65
    Reply to Robin Williams commits suicide
    Lancer '65
    We have been given the great comic genius of Robin Williams to enjoy for many years. It is such a shame that he never could get control of the demons that eventually took him from us.

Those...
    Today, 10:06 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Legion Deadlines

Ohio now has 67 teams registered for the 2012 Legion Baseball season: 53 Senior & 14 Junior. http://www.legion.org/baseball/teams/ohio

The Deadline to register a Legion team in Ohio is May 1st, deadline to pay fees is May 15th. Both can be accomplished at http://www.legion.org/baseball

The unique Ohio Legion Baseball site is www.ohioalbb.org

What if your area doesn't have a jr legion team? Can a player tryout elsewhere?

Comment

Depending on the players skill level he could possibly play on a SR. Legion team if one in your area has a spot available.

Technically if a JR. Legion picks up a player they pick up that school I believe so if the player you are talking about goes to a bigger school it is less likely the legion team would want to take on that schools size for a single player.

Comment

What happened to legion ball in Cent Oh?
        I was really looking forward to having my son play now that he entered HS, but there isnt a team anymore.
        I know the travel teams took over but was just curious about what everyone thought.

Comment

Thats interesting to hear, in NWOhio legion ball may have more teams now then theyve had in awhile. Maumee, Toledo, Findlay, Whitehouse, Pemberville and Napoleon (which encompasses about 10 schools) all have teams. I will say that a decent amount of the top players from this area do end up playing travel instead but the competition is still pretty solid.

Im surprised to hear that about central ohio because travel ball typically takes up a lot more time and travel than legion and if you're a multi-sport athlete it is extremely convenient.

Comment

I think I can answer my own question...
            Legion ball got watered down with all the HS having their own teams and most of those teams not letting graduates play opting to develop the younger talent.
            The product got diluted thus opening the door to travel ball.

Where i grew up, steubenville had a dominant team Post 33. Any kid that made that team was a STUD. They were the only team around for a long time. Then toronto fielded a team...then wintersville, Brooke(Wva).
            Talent got split up.
            Same thing I noticed here in Hilliard. Every time a school opened via split, they got their own legion team. You didnt see the stud graduate/college kid playing although I believe watterson's and maybe worthington had their older kids play and pretty much dominated the competition.

Anyways, thats my take, but Im not too in the know being my son is only a frosh.

thoughts?
            I was really excited to have him play leagion ball, but it just isnt feasible.

Comment

Travel teams are taking players away from Legion Ball in Central Ohio. Whether that's a bad thing is the opinion of whoever you ask.

Comment

Working...
              X