6. Independence
    7. Upper Sandusky
    8. Westfall
    9. Cardinal Mooney
    Today, 11:18 AM
  • Zunardo
    Reply to Fridy night weather
    Zunardo
    I have a very manly bumbershoot I will be bringing, thank you very much.

Some parents will be thinking, "Why didn't I volunteer for the concession stand THIS week instead?"...
    Today, 11:18 AM
  • DaPlane
    Reply to MaxPreps Top 10 in each Division
    DaPlane
    DII

1. Lake Catholic
    2. ND-CL
    3. Padua
    4. Hartley
    5. NORWALK
    6. Carrollton
    7. Unioto
    8. Crestwood
    9. Bloom-Carroll
    10. Athens
    Today, 11:15 AM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSU's Beta Theta Pi to close

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor..._to_close.html

Animal House....Part II ???????

Comment

Good Riddance, Frats are a waste of time anyways.

Comment

I'm sure this will probably make some people mad, but is it about time that fraternities/ sororites have wore out their welcome? I mean, sure, some can point to the 5% of good that some do with on campus activities, but don't we all know frats are places where guys just get together, drink and party?
        I'm actually suprised that the liability of fraternities have not closed their doors long ago. One hazing gone wrong or college kid dying due to alcohol poisoning would just about put you away, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by 14Red View Post
          I'm sure this will probably make some people mad, but is it about time that fraternities/ sororites have wore out their welcome? I mean, sure, some can point to the 5% of good that some do with on campus activities, but don't we all know frats are places where guys just get together, drink and party?
          I'm actually suprised that the liability of fraternities have not closed their doors long ago. One hazing gone wrong or college kid dying due to alcohol poisoning would just about put you away, wouldn't it?
          Lots more to most fraternities than drinking and partying.

Should college bands be shut down? After all, a member of a college band dies due to hazing.

Comment

Well said wkfan. There's no more partying that goes no in fraternities than in the general student population. I can say that my 3 years as a member of my fraternity was one of the most positive experiences of my life. What I can't ever understand is attitudes like countryknight's. Seriously, nobody is forced to join anything so why should you care so much what others want to do. It's fine that you wouldn't want the fraternity experience but who are you to tell me or anyone else that we shouldn't?

NOTE: I in no way defend the actions of the Betas. If they are guilty of what was reported, they deserved to be shut down, but that doesn't mean every fraternity is guilty (just like not every college band is guilty) of the same.

Comment

Agree with you baseball dad. I went to college in Indiana and enjoyed my years in the house in the mid 70s. Yes we did have parties but we also had designated drivers back then. Several brothers did not drink and if someone wanted to leave they would be driven. We also adopted an orphanage and had several parties with them (no beer!) Halloween, Christmas, Easter egg hunts and a couple more cookouts just for fun. We also had to keep our grades up and there was always someone who could help out if you were having problems.

Comment

"Greg, I ask you. Isn't this an indictment on the whole fraternity system?"

Comment

Working...
                X