Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

National Guard, Bucknuts Sponsoring Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/27/n...-and-nominate/
See more
See less
Cleveland Indians 2014 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• bgfalcons86
    Comment on OCC after week 5
    bgfalcons86
    I don't see YOTW coming within 28 points of any team that remains on their schedule.
    Today, 05:18 PM
  • dorciepatrick
    Reply to A thread about anything you want it to be about
    dorciepatrick
    14Red and I disagree on a lot of things, but we're together on this one. Schlegel could have easily stopped the guy without body slamming him to the turf. Given that fact, if he would have caused bodily...
    Today, 05:00 PM
  • cthelites
    Reply to OCC after week 5
    cthelites
    And if I remember correctly that worthinwoy team had a barn burner against this yrs Darby sr class back in 8th grade. They didn't lose too many games 7-9. Not saying they were like the Darby class of...
    Today, 04:39 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Indians 2014

Spring training is less than a month away! Should be another fun year for Indians baseball.

I think that the Tribe will be very competitive and prosper once again under the leadership of Francona. I really like the guy and I think the Indians want to play for him. As far as a winning lineup is concerned, I believe that the Indians have a decent chance to compete on a pretty even playing field in their division and can make the play-offs and beyond.

It all comes down to pitching. Four decent starters that can get you 14-16 wins each and a bullpen that can come in and shut down teams in the 8th and 9th innings. Good pitching negates the necessity to score 8 or 9 runs a game. Five should be plenty. Detroit better watch out. The Tribe is for real.
    Last edited by Lancer '65; 03-07-2014, 03:16 AM.

Comment

The Tribe announced yesterday that Charles Nagy will be joining the Indians staff this season in an unspecified roll. Obviously will be working with the pitching staff in someway. Also, there will be a Jim Thome statue reveled outside Progressive Field on Saturday August 2nd before first pitch with the Texas Rangers.

Comment

Pitchers and catchers reported today!

Comment

It'll be very interesting to see what happens with the tribe this year, hopefully they make the playoffs. To do this I think they'll need just a little more in the bullpen, but everything else I think is pretty solid.

Comment

Reds up 2-0 in the top half of the 3rd on opening day at Goodyear.

Comment

Spring Training is a relaxing time for fans because we all know that Spring Training is just that. Practice before the real show begins....

Comment

Spring Training also means warmer weather is on the way!

Comment

Tribe bounce back in Goodyear this afternoon beating the Reds 12-3. Masterson pitched 1 inning striking out 2. Carlos Santana made his debut at third base!

Comment

Cleveland will definitely be a club to watch this season. I have several departed friends who hopefully will have great seats well above the upper deck at Progressive this season. (I still want to make it clear that I will be rooting like crazy for the Tigers), but if the Tribe should win the Division and go on to a Series triumph, I will be happy for those guys who have waited so very long for a ride like the one that may be right on the horizon...

Comment

If the Cactus League is any indicator then so far it's looking promising for the Tribe.

Comment

This Indian team appears to have quite a few more pieces already in place than in recent memory. It will always be about pitching, but that looks pretty good also at the moment.

Comment

Got to sign Masterson, Kipnis, and Santana.

Comment

Agreed. The Tribe needs those three in the fold. Particularly Masterson.
                            Kipnis and Santana, (the new third baseman?) are important also but you can never have too much pitching. Things certainly look much better than they did a year ago. One game isn't that much to make up.

One of the questions is, has Detroit matched Cleveland in off season dealings. I'm not sure. We will soon begin to see for ourselves...

Comment

Final from Goodyear...Indians 12 Padres 7. The Tribe are now 11-2-1 in Cactus League play.

Comment

Working...
                              X