X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DGUtley View Post
    It's an unconstitutional reach of the twisted CC application. It wasn't my idea. I would've found a way to do it constitutionally.
    the court hasn't ruled yet. we might find that the current approach is constitutional.

Comment

....and if the Supreme Court rules it constitutional---then what ? Romney comes in,gives the Courts a $40,000,000 stimulus package of his own money--they favor him by repealling it and he puts HIS [ mirror package ] program in !! Brahahahahahaha,cry baby Republicants

Comment

So so true, Bethere.

Comment

So so true, Bethere.
          if we are to believe the book on our chief justice he will try to do everything in his power to find consensus to make this something other than a 5-4 decision--AT LEAST THAT IS WHAT THE BOOK SAYS. HE IS THOUGHT TO BE VERY INTERESTED IN PROTECTING HIS IMAGE, BUT WE WILL SEE.

the long trail of 5-4 decisions already in place make the book look bad, hahaha...

on the other hand, no one thought Sirica would rule against NIxon, or that the Burger boys would uphold it--but they did.
          Last edited by bethere; 04-04-2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

And isn't there a little bit of you that wonders whether was last week just for show?

Comment

And isn't there a little bit of you that wonders whether was last week just for show?
              the problem is i already feel totally comfortable in my evaluation of alito thomas and scallia. i believe all three to be total hack federalist society wannabees.

but we'll see about roberts.

thomas has absolutely no business voting on this case.

as for last week? we'll see.

again. roberts is already on board with stare decisis and mccollogh v. maryland. so, i would have no problem impeaching him for having lied to congress if he tries to overturn any of this based on the notion that the ICC is inapplicable. he has personally admitted that the cat left this bag 240 years ago.

Comment

If Thomas has no business, then you'd have to acknowledge that the former Obama lawyer, Kagan, shouldn't vote either.

Comment

If Thomas has no business, then you'd have to acknowledge that the former Obama lawyer, Kagan, shouldn't vote either.
                  correct.

Comment

So that injustice is a wash then.

Comment

So that injustice is a wash then.

... in theory, although i will say that i didn't lead with it.

Comment

Originally posted by o.a.b. View Post
                        Harry Truman [ I believe ] made the proposal to stave off inflationary wages.Until that time,no group coverage was offered to the masses.
                        Employer benefit plans proliferated in the 1940's. Government imposed wage freezes on employers during WWII laid the foundation for employer provided health care. Employers unable by law to attract workers by paying more, instead were allowed to improve their benefit packages by adding health care. The IRS in 1943 ruled that employer based health care should be tax free. Further incentivizing "encouraged" more and more employers to get in the act.

Since federal government actions caused health care to become a responsibility of the employer, federal government action unfortunately is needed to correct the problem it fostered. Not as an opportunity for the feds to grab it for themselves, but to put policy in place that allows it to be transferred to the states and the people's responsibility.

Originally posted by o.a.b. View Post
                        Do you know of any employer in business for " the benefits " ? NOR ARE most Americans !! We go to work to be profitable--for our employer and ourselves.
                        Employers absolutely should not be in the insurance business. They should do what they do best, manufacturing a good or providing a service to their customers while making a profit off those goods and services. Period.
                        Last edited by majorspark; 04-04-2012, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmacqueen View Post
                          A great piece on the benefits many people would lose immediately once the health care act is repealed.

I'm interested in knowing which of these you would like to see stripped away.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1400009.html
                          If you didn't want them stripped away, then you people probably shouldn't have included them in an unconstitutional law.

Comment

Originally posted by majorspark View Post
                            Employer benefit plans proliferated in the 1940's. Government imposed wage freezes on employers during WWII laid the foundation for employer provided health care. Employers unable by law to attract workers by paying more, instead were allowed to improve their benefit packages by adding health care. The IRS in 1943 ruled that employer based health care should be tax free. Further incentivizing "encouraged" more and more employers to get in the act.

Since federal government actions caused health care to become a responsibility of the employer, federal government action unfortunately is needed to correct the problem it fostered. Not as an opportunity for the feds to grab it for themselves, but to put policy in place that allows it to be transferred to the states and the people's responsibility.
                            Thank you, that was very informative.

Comment

Thank you, that was very informative.
                              There you go!

Comment

Originally posted by centerback View Post
                                I think the government should make everyone get a job and pay their bills.
                                I think the government should GIVE everyone a job so they can pay their bills, and provide food, clothing, shelter, and health care while they're at it.

And outlaw organized religion, too.

Go ahead...call me a communist, even though it's not true.

Comment

Working...
                                X