Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Gas jumps to 3.90 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse



Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

  • sfkflounder
    Reply to Northwest Ohio Athletic League 2014
    sfkflounder
    I understand kids graduate every year and teams look different every year but the league losing QB's like Schimoeller, Suntken, and Wyse (who have all started for 3 years) is going to have some affect...
    Today, 02:46 PM
  • NC Rattlesnake
    Reply to Connect the post
    NC Rattlesnake
    water fall
    Today, 02:10 PM
  • bird
    Reply to Cincinnati Reds 2014
    bird
    Reds are up 2-1 heading to the ninth inning. Sam LeCure is due up fourth this inning. He just struck out the side on 11 pitches in the eighth inning, his first inning of work. Assuming his spot doesn't...
    Today, 02:08 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gas jumps to 3.90

    At least it did in Buckeye Lake and Hebron.

    3.54 earlier today.

  • #2
    Don't know what to make of it. I guess the higher it goes the harder we will try for alternatives. But in the meantime we will suffer because everything hinges off of oil prices. Food being the biggest.

    Comment


    • #3
      There are very few people that truly suffer in this country.

      Gas at $3.90 won't push people into suffrage,nor will it at $5.00 per gallon.

      Comment


      • #4
        That's extremely cheap to what it will be once inflation starts hitting the market.

        Comment


        • #5
          3.67 today in Fairborn about 1/2 hour ago.

          Comment


          • #6
            WHIO ( 7 in Dayton) had a report at noon that there is a 90% chance that gas will be 3.999 to 4.099 this weekend in the Dayton area.

            Comment


            • #7
              Is it any wonder the prices go up when our president REFUSES to increase domestic oil production? SMH!!!

              BHO says lower consumption will cause prices to drop. What a crock! Consumption is at a 10-year low and prices keep rising! The guy has no clue to reality!

              The only way prices will go down is if the USA becomes a major oil PRODUCER and floods the market with domestic product... something that CAN be done!

              This will NEVER happen as long as BHO is in office.

              /rant

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tomindayton View Post
                Is it any wonder the prices go up when our president REFUSES to increase domestic oil production? SMH!!!

                BHO says lower consumption will cause prices to drop. What a crock! Consumption is at a 10-year low and prices keep rising! The guy has no clue to reality!

                The only way prices will go down is if the USA becomes a major oil PRODUCER and floods the market with domestic product... something that CAN be done!

                This will NEVER happen as long as BHO is in office.

                /rant
                This has nothing to do with supply and everything to do with global demand increasing and the dollar being rendered worthless.

                Comment


                • #9
                  No one, especially sleeper!, can convince me that the price of crude would not drop immediately when the USA announces it is in the oil production business again.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well, the economy will tank again....it's been the pattern...gas prices soar, the economy falls.

                    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If the supply goes up, demand being steady (it isn't but assuming so), the price would go down. That said, it doesn't matter a lick if said increase in supply comes from the U.S., the Middle East, Russia, or the North Pole. It's a world market.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sorry but I like the price of gas high. That's why I moved to California, it's about $4.59 out here.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I can retire in two months and eliminate a daily 120 mile round trip; it's part of my analysis as to whether I should go or not.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tomindayton View Post
                            No one, especially sleeper!, can convince me that the price of crude would not drop immediately when the USA announces it is in the oil production business again.
                            https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2176rank.html

                            The United States is 11th in the world at exporting Oil at 1.9 million bbl/day which is about 2.9% of world output. That's a small drop in the pond. Even in some faux reality where we could up production over night(impossible) three fold, at most we might see a minor dip in the price of oil.

                            Your comment regarding "no one can convince me" is a major turn off from doing any more in-depth research because I feel it would be a waste of time.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bevo View Post
                              I can retire in two months and eliminate a daily 120 mile round trip; it's part of my analysis as to whether I should go or not.
                              I drive on average 60 miles a day and my math told me a 50% jump in gas prices would mean about $10 per week out of my pocket. Nothing on which I would base a major life decision.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X