Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida State vs. Auburn

Who do you have? Any predictions?

I think many factors will play a big role in this one, but Florida State will prevail 31-28, not behind their Heisman winner, Winston, but their Lou Groza winner, Roberto Aguayo.

Florida State has had the best team from start to finish IMO this season so I'd have to say they should win. As an Alabama fan this is difficult for me to say but I am pulling for the Tigers of Auburn.

Comment

^I can't believe you wrote that!!!

Comment

Mike, I really wish Bama was playing this game. I was a huge McCarron fan the last two years and really wish he could've gone out with another title.

Comment

I think many are writing off Auburn for some reason. They've played the better schedule, and yes, they've lost a game, but FSU does not have a impressive as resume.

Comment

I agree that Auburn is being largely overlooked, but I think Florida State will be able to hold that great rushing game down. It appears to me that Nick Marshall has a very shaky throwing motion, and it is kind of clear they like to run the read option with him. Either way, I think we're in for a good one.

Comment

• 14Red
              14Red commented
              Editing a comment
              I felt the same thing vs. Alabama and Missouri, and even stacking the box, they could not stop Auburn's running game. How many Heisman winners have struggled in their bowl games because they try to do too much?

Im pulling for FSU, they might not play the schedule that Auburn has played but they are a well put together team. Auburn is tough , great running team and also a good D line. Auburn should have 2 more losses in (Georgia,Alabama) but they are playing good now. Should be a good game. Plus im done with SEC winning another championship!

Comment

I'm with blocker on that one. Too many SEC national titles, it's time for someone else to win it

Comment

Interesting.
                Auburn's closest quarter all year is the second, outscoring opp by 39 total for the whole year.
                The second quarter is the widest margin for FSU, outscoring opp by 180.
                With all the emphasis on FSU offense I was a little surprised to see they've only given up a total of 139 points all year.
                Been a lot of great bowl games this season - this shapes up to be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 14Red View Post
                  I think many are writing off Auburn for some reason. They've played the better schedule, and yes, they've lost a game, but FSU does not have a impressive as resume.
                  One team has beaten a team that's won a BCS bowl this year, the other team hasn't. Not sold on schedule claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Hocus Pocus View Post
                    ^I can't believe you wrote that!!!
                    I didn't think I would ever write that I want Auburn to win. Maybe I should say that I hope Florida St. loses.

Comment

• Hocus Pocus
                      Hocus Pocus commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There you go...that's more like it.

One more hour!

Comment

After listening to Saban cry in his Wheaties during pre-game about SEC this and that, I am hoping Auburn loses. It's not anything against Bama or Saban, I am just tired of, my opinion, the biased pro-SEC media, ESPN-spin, etc. Go Noles...I think...geez. (I am first an Irish fan and second an OSU fan...bash away!!!) Enjoy the game all...

Comment

From PTI this afternoon: Wilbon: "Auburn faces FSU in the national championship tonight. Where should we watch the game?" , Tony: "Nick Saban's house?" This made me laugh, at least those guys aren't up the SEC's as on ESPN. Enjoy the game y'all! Go Noles!

Comment

The only thing I'm sure about after all these bowl games - I will never buy a Nissan after seeing that same stupid ad about a million times.

Comment

Working...
                          X