Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

National Guard, Bucknuts Sponsoring Weekly JJHuddle Fall Sports Player & Team of the Week Awards

This Fall we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in Football, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Tennis and Boys & Girls Golf.

Each week during the fall sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

There will also be Player & Team of the Year voting in each sport at the conclusion of the respective seasons.

How it works?
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/27/n...-and-nominate/
See more
See less
Indiana Hoosier Basketball Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big win. The Big10 is grinding it out...beating its members up.

Comment

• Indiana is a very young team and perhaps they are out of the NCAA's because of too many recent losses, but they do have some very big wins as well and I still think that all things considered, their season has been pretty decent. I'm still thinking that Coach Crean is in the right place and has the patience to bring this team along until it is right back up where they were last season. The nice thing for Hoosier fans is that the trip back is a short jaunt around the block instead of taking a row boat to Europe and back.

Comment

• No doubt the Hoosiers are back. I think I overestimated the impact some of the freshman would make. When you are this reliant on this many sophomores and freshman, and most of the league is playing juniors and seniors, it's difficult.

Comment

• miss bobby knight. love when crean gets beats. looks like a used car salesman. buyers beware!

Comment

• Coach Knight is an outstanding basketball coach, no question about it, but this very young Indiana team will benefit from Coach Crean's even and measured approach to the game. He's already rebuilt the program. I think we should be supporters of the Hoosiers if we are Hoosier fans and let these young players grow and develop in an atmosphere that is positive and conducive to building confidence in this young group so that they can make a real run in the "dance", if not this season then certainly in the next year or two.

I am not a Hoosier fan but I think the man has done a solid job and should have earned the respect of Indiana fans who remember the bad years and scandals etc etc. Finally, I've met used car salesmen many times in my life but the difference in my mind between Coach Crean and most of the used car people I have been around is that I feel completely confident in trusting Coach Crean to get the job done.....and I won't even have to kick his tires...

Comment

• No doubt Lancer, Crean has built a great foundation and more importantly, dude can recruit. Top talent from across the nation is coming to Bloomington like no other time in history.

Comment

• When you leave a solid Marquette program to take over what might charitably be classified as a huge train wreck, and build it back up as fast as Coach Crean did, he obviously knew what he was doing and now the world can clearly see that Indiana made a really good choice for the future of Hoosier basketball.

Comment

• Image being Tom Crean today. And we wonder why coach's go crazy sometimes?? IU lead by 11 with a little over 3 mintues to go. Have the ball with 30 seconds left, have the ball with 14 seconds left, and they cannot close the deal, and Penn State, lowly Penn State, gets everything to go their way down the stretch and shocks the Hoosiers at home. You are thinking IU was going to be 5-6 in the league, with Purdue coming Saturday so 6-6 is a possibility, And now you are going to be playing out the string. There is no way this team makes the tournament. This team has proven most of the year they just don't play well at crunch time. Difficult thing to do, and when you start showing you can't, difficult to shake.

Comment

• Well, the roof has literally caved in on the Hoosiers this season. These things have happened at sporting venues over the last several years and there never seems to be anyone there at the time, so that's a good thing. The tough part now is rescheduling the game. Probably more for Iowa now than IU, as the Hawkeyes have more to play for.

Comment

• Good week for IU, beat Iowa and OSU in Bloomington. Especially today without Von Leah. Sadly, the losses to Penn St. Nebraska, Northwestern and Purdue are going to come back and haunt IU.

Comment

• Barring an improbable 4 game win streak and big ten tourney title, the Hoosiers will more than likely be in the NIT this year. Which actually may be a good thing. If they can get 3-4 extra games in the NIT with the young squad, that's good for next season.

Big Ten awards. Yogi got 2nd team, Von Leah 3rd team, Sheehey got honorable mention. Von Leah was the freshman of the year. A little surprised Yogi didn't get first team, may not have been 1 single player as important to his team than Yogi this year.

Comment

• Amazingly, IU was not even invited to the NIT this year. Granted, this team was 17-15, but beat Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State and Iowa. The loss to basement dweller Purdue by 20 was probably the 1 game you just could not get past. As young team are, this team just could not gain any kind of consistency. Big wins were followed by disappointing losses. IU lost a big non-conference game early in the season as UConn nipped them with a late field goal. You wonder how different the season would have been if they would have been able to pull that one out. IU's going to need to upgrade the non-conference schedule. The Big Ten/ ACC challenge, an early made for TV game is always there. The other thing is this team needs to learn to win away from Assembly Hall. Having a home court advantage is great, but you have to be good enough to win on the road too.

Comment

• You would have thought the NIT would have picked them just for the fan base & draw they would bring.

Comment

• Reported last night, Noah Von Leah will be heading to the NBA.

Comment

• Reported today, Austin Etherington asking for his release. I don't think it's ever good for your program for kids to be leaving. Crean's a great recruiter, and they'll certainly be able to replace him talent wise, but you want kids to stick around. Etherinton's and interesting story. He had a severe leg injury midway though last season, was playing sparingly anyway. With IU's freshman coming in, he didn't look to have a lot of opportunity this year. But as IU struggled, he got more minutes here and there. Then it seemed like he'd go from 15 minutes per game to 2, and it really didn't change much through the end of the season. The guys are are 10-15 on the bench want to play, so they many times are those tweeners that end up at mid majors. IU transfer Maurice Creek was at George Washington this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X