Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Reset/FInd Your Username and Password

JJHuddle members...can't remember your username or password? Get it again here and now. Just click the following link to reset your password and/or get your username: http://www.jjhuddle.com/forums/lostpw
See more
See less
OSU 2012 Recruits? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Williams will be huge next year. Hope they work him hard with more post moves and he has gotten bigger and stronger through the season. He is a huge presence inside and will be a shot blocker. Unlike Sullinger who couldn't get off his feet and IMO will struggle in the NBA.
    Matta not playing people off the bench has gotta be a big deterrent for future recruits. Knowing if they don't make the starting 5 they may sit the bench most of the season. Kinda of a bad recipe.
    Williams sitting as much as he did and then being thrown in the mix at the end of the season had to be stressful for him. Knowing the talent you have may have been a problem for Matta. Playing Ravenell before Williams off the bench was a mistake I thought.

Comment

I thought Ravenell was more of a football player than a basketball player.but i agree williams was better and would have been even great if given more playing time throughout the season.I seen baylor was put on probation for 3 years doesnt that give a baylor player the right to go to another school.Not sure on the ruling.I just know that there was alot of talent on that team

Comment

Looks like Parker's ship has sailed. Buckeyes hoping to get Rodney Hood former teammate of LaQ Ross to visit soon. He is considering transfering from Miss. State. 6'9 forward with very good skills avg. 10pt and 5rebs as a frosh starter this year. Decent shot blocker also.

Comment

Watched Parker play in an all-star game Saturday-Fat, Lazy, Out of shape, unskilled. They were comparing him to Sullinger, I don't see it. Jared was fat and out of shape but always had more basketball skills and intelligence than Parker. Maybe Coach K can get him in shape but you can't cure slow and unathletic. There has got to be better big men out there than this guy. At only 6'8" (and I doubt that) I don't se him playing center at Duke or any other big time school and with his lack of skill and mobility he can't play anywhere else.

Comment

Gerogia not Duke is rumored by his close sources to be the one to beat.

Buckeyes have a recruit scheduled to visit this week from Findlay prep out of Las Vegas. Mid week visit. SG from Italy . Chances are slim he picks the Buckeyes as his GF goes to Texas AM and Thad got in on him late. You never know though at least he got him on campus.

Looks like they bank the 2 schollies and hit 2013/2014 hard. With Ravenel and Thomas leaving next year and Siebert and Weatherspoon transfering that gives Bucks 6 scholarships for those 2 classes.

Comment

Originally posted by tcsoup View Post
              Gerogia not Duke is rumored by his close sources to be the one to beat.

Buckeyes have a recruit scheduled to visit this week from Findlay prep out of Las Vegas. Mid week visit. SG from Italy . Chances are slim he picks the Buckeyes as his GF goes to Texas AM and Thad got in on him late. You never know though at least he got him on campus.

Looks like they bank the 2 schollies and hit 2013/2014 hard. With Ravenel and Thomas leaving next year and Siebert and Weatherspoon transfering that gives Bucks 6 scholarships for those 2 classes.
              That would make a lot more sense than Duke, he just does not look like a Duke recruit. As for weathersoon, I never understood the signing of him anyway, he is a tweener with no shooting skills (at all) and not big enough to play the 4 or 5. he is a great athlete and probably should be playing in the MAC. Siebert , I think could if put in the right situation be a very productive player but it appears that OSU is not the right place for him to get that chance. I wish both guys good luck where ever they go and understand their desire to play more. I would like to see Matta at least sign 1 player this season who is good enough to help right away and as you say save the rest for the next 2 years.

Comment

Weatherspoon was part of a package deal. He was part of Sullinger's package. Nothing more, or less. Sullinger.....gone. Weatherspoon.....gone. The end.

Comment

It would be best to have 10 'ship players this year, which means signing one who can contribute ASAP. Transfers don't help if they have to sit a year.

Comment

do we have any kids in the great state of Ohio that can shoot the 3? ANYONE?

Comment

This week besides Italian Sharpshooter Amedeo Della Valle the Buckeyes will be having in Anthony Gill 6'8 Forward from South Carolina ( Transfer) and hope to have 6'9 Rodney Hood in. ( Transfer)
                      A source who follows OSU BB recruiting very close thinks the Buckeyes could go 2-2 or 0-2 with the 2 big men. Both have intrest from other top BB programs including North Carolina.
                      They can both ball and big improvements over anything OSU had on their bench last year. Hood or Gill both would have seen huge minutes in the rotation last year and if OSU wanted to go big and take Buford or Smith jr out of the game OSU may have been better with either of those 2 on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                      X