Announcement

Collapse

JJHuddle, National Guard & Bucknuts Ohio HS Weekly Awards: Vote and Nominate

This school year we are pleased to announce that the Ohio National Guard, Bucknuts and JJHuddle have partnered together to award weekly player and team of the week honors in several boys and girls sports.

Each week during the fall, winter and spring sports seasons (regular and post), we will hold a fan-generated contest on JJHuddle to tab a weekly Team and Player of the Week in each sport. Each weekly winner will receive awards.

How it works?
A thread soliciting nominations will be posted/stuck in each sportsí JJHuddle Forum each week. Fans will then nominate top performances. We will announce the weekly finalists (up to 10) on JJHuddle every Monday and voting will be conducted in a special JJHuddle forum. Voting will cease at noon on Friday, after which the winners will be announced.

Click Here to Vote & Nominate:
http://www.jjhuddle.com/2014/08/27/n...-and-nominate/
See more
See less

2014 Buckeyes schedule (Non-League)

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Buckeyes schedule (Non-League)

2014-15 Ohio State Men's Basketball Non-Conference Schedule
    Nov. 9 - Walsh (exhibition)
    Nov. 14 - UMass-Lowell
    Nov. 18 - Marquette
    Nov. 23 - 1-Sacred Heart
    Nov. 26 - 1-Campbell
    Nov. 28 - 1-James Madison
    Dec. 2 - 2-at Louisville

Video: Big Ten Network's Ohio State basketball and football top plays

Dec. 6 - 1-Colgate
    Dec. 10 - High Point
    Dec. 13 - Morehead State
    Dec. 17 - 3-North Carolina A&T
    Dec. 20 - 4-vs. North Carolina
    Dec. 22 - Miami (Ohio)
    Dec. 27 - Wright State
    1-Buckeye Classic, Value City Arena, Columbus, Ohio
    2-ACC/Big Ten Challenge, KFC YUM! Center, Louisville, Ky.
    3-Nationwide Arena, Columbus, Ohio
    4-CBS SPORTS CLASSIC, United Center, Chicago

For me the three games I am looking the most forward to are
    Campbell
    Morehead State
    Wright State

Comment

Since twenty seems to be the magic number to get into the NCAA, how do you not win twenty games with a schedule as tough as this?

Comment

What do you think about the loss to unc?

Comment

I think for the most part the NCAA selection committee really does not look at these non-conference cupcakes very closely anymore. There was a time when 20 wins was the magic number, but not anymore. There are some teams that have 22-23 wins that are left outside because they finish under .500 in their league.
          The other reason schools like these games is because they are nearly all home games. You never see a major conference school go to Campbell, Wright State or High Point. Ohio State pays these teams to come to Columbus, the Buckeyes get a nice crowd and win the "scrimmage" handily. And as I've pointed out on here many times, most "fans" don't pay that close attention of WHO you play, only that you win or lose.

Comment

Please feel free to name a team you feel has an outstanding non-con schedule.

Comment

• 14Red
              14Red commented
              Editing a comment
              There are a few, but that's not my point. My point is Ohio State, and many other big programs, schedule the cupcakes for easy home wins. Really not a whole different from football as most major programs play 7-8 home games. You don't make money on the road. The home team, especially the big boys, make millions at home in "extra" items like parking, concessions, etc.

• o.a.b.
              o.a.b. commented
              Editing a comment
              Red roots against OSU's chess club also

Out of 351 mens college basketball teams ranked for non-conference strength of schedule......
            OSU is 10.
            North Carolina and Duke are 1 and 2.

Comment

Originally posted by nutsnbolts View Post
              Out of 351 mens college basketball teams ranked for non-conference strength of schedule......
              OSU is 10.
              North Carolina and Duke are 1 and 2.
              OSU's cupcake schedule ranked #10? Well, RealTimeRPI.com ranks it #165. They have Duke and NC's schedules as #31 and #7, respectively, with VCU and Kansas at #1 and #2 SOS.

Here's the link:
              http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Men.html

By the way, where did your information come from?
              Last edited by dorciepatrick; 12-24-2014, 02:48 AM.

Comment

They used to use the RPI - now they do a better SOS.
                The old RPI is similar to what you showed from your site.

Comment

When's the last time osu beat a good team out of conference? Take a look at North Carolina or Kentucky's schedule.

Comment

And here is where you pay the piper. Buckeyes lose their first game in-conference at home vs. Iowa. Buckeyes won't be ranked after this week folks.

Comment

It might be time for a coaching change...

Comment

actually, you'd better be darn happy to have Thad Matta, he's an excellent coach. In fact, he's taken the Buckeye basketball programs arguably (sans a national championship) much further than the football program. Matta's been to multiple final fours, several big ten conference titles and tournament titles. Very few pay attention due to the football program's popularity.

Comment

I've paid attention to the two sports and while you are definitely correct about Coach Matta's successes, and they have been impressive, I do tire of seeing the same non conference games and the same results. North Carolina always (almost always) beats us whether they play the game in NC. Ohio or on the moon, and the Bucks also play their share of "ugly step sisters" and pad their record along the way.

I'm not advocating letting Coach Matta go but I would like to see us do better at the tournament level and I think perhaps we need a little upgrade in our non-conference early season schedule, but for God's sake don't even harbor the slightest thought about getting rid of him. We know what we have and it's been pretty good.

Comment

Without looking at stats, I think Ohio State's tournament success is easily the best in the big ten. Very few Big ten teams get to the final four, and I think Matta's been there twice.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X